• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can anyone decipher what my optometrist wrote?

Mouse

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry, Sorry, to all the medical staff out there: I looked at all the visual acuity information and it does make sense until I look at what my optometrist wrote and I have no clue what it means. All I need to know is whether or not my vision/prescription is acceptable to enter the Cdn' Army. My two career interests are LogOfficer and MedTech.
The prescription is two years old, here goes:

Spectacle Rx Sphere Cyl. Axis
O.D.              -625    -75  145
O.S.              -675    -50    60

If any medical staff can help me with this I would be most grateful. There is no point in my carrying on with further PT to prepare for the recruitment tests if my eyes will not pass muster. I'd rather be heartbroken now than 6 weeks from now.

Thank you,
Hilda
:'(

First, get a new appt and have your eyes rechecked...eyesight that bad should be checked every 2 yrs.

I believe you are V4, but I would have to confirm with references I do not have here at home. I am wrong, then I am wrong on the high side, which means you could be a V5.

keep doing PT cause its good for you.

Thanks for the reply Armymedic.

I do PT of a sort every day (ride bike to work and back 23 km round trip, walking, some Pilates, occasional Yoga) just lately have not been as gungho on the pushups, and situps (tailbone grinding into the mat causes a pressure sore ).
Would taking vitamins with Lutein help much? I tried Bilberry supplements years ago and noticed sharper vision as long as I took the supplement. After that ran out, vision went back to "normal" pre-Bilberry days.

I agree thoroughly with getting my vision retested. I think I know what the result will be.
:( But behind every cloud is a silver lining. And carrots taste good.

Thank you again Armymedic,
Hilda

:salute:

Please continue with your PT, you can never be too fit. I have near the same eye specs as you and I am in the Force as a V3. Vision Category 3. All that means, I always have to wear corrective lenses and have gas mask glasses. However, be aware that it may limit the trades you are available to serve in.

The recruiting medical staff will be able to give you full details as to the medical requirements of each trade. Fear not, there is a job available for us "blind as bats" people.  :salute: Now where the *&^%$ is my white cane.

Chimo:

Thanks for the encouragement! I feel a lot better knowing there are people with white canes playing soldier out there (just kidding!) :dontpanic: Ah ha! A new secret weapon! The white cane automatic rifle! So innocent; so deadly.
I am not "a blind mouse yet" -- no white canes for me. Everything  looks blurry around the edges.
;D

No worries, thanks again for the positive input it means alot to me.

Hilda
(P.S. Are those little icons showing up? They don't appear in spell check)

:) :salute: :salute: :salute: :cdn:

Back