• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can anything be done to this man still pretending to be a Paratrooper?

kitkatgotmytongue

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello  :cdn:
I am, along with many victims disturbed by this man claiming to be a retired Paratrooper with the Canadian Army.  He uses this ploy to gain the trust of his victims, he also has a maroon and blue t-shirt that he wears and carries a coin, but since he has never served with the armed forces think it is disgusting.
He is wanted on arrest warrants across Canada for fraud and theft by the police for dozens of crimes.
His real name is Ross Thomas Bullough, but uses many alias.  The fact that he claims to be a paratrooper makes it very easy for people to feel at ease with him very quickly, along with the fact that he has an extensive knowledge of the forces.
Some of his victims have started a facebook group to warn people about him under the name of Conman and Scammer, Ross Thomas Bullough.
My question to you is there anything that the Army can do about his posing as a Paratroope?
With respect and gratitude for all who have served and are still serving our Country

Thank you  :yellow:

kitkatgotmytongue said:
He is wanted on arrest warrants across Canada for fraud and theft by the police for dozens of crimes.

Is that something that we, the public, can view as a link?
There was a story about him on CTV Montreal in Nov 2009, but the link no longer works.

Your first post and you're right into smashing someone in a public forum.

As much as I am totally disgusted in such acts of fraud, before you go plastering someone's real name on the INet, perhaps its best to provide valid links to back up your accusations.

Example, how do you guarantee that he has never served, and has warrants out for his arrest? Those are powerful accusations.  What valid evidence can you use to back up your own words? Yet you'll use his name without verification of the acts of fraud you claim he has comitted.

For all we know you could just have an axe to grind with this person.

Talk is cheap.

OWDU

mariomike said:
Is that something that we, the public, can view as a link? Or is it for Police only?

There was a story about him on CTV Montreal in Nov 2009, but the link no longer works.

What Wes said below is good advice.

The CTV news report was available to everyone at one point, but must be archived now because I can no longer bring it up.  But it was on Montreal CTV news site, ON YOur side and aired November 4, 2009.

Well overwatch, my post had to start somewhere and I think that posting it on the Military forum they could check police records to show that my statements are true.
Do you have a problem with me warning anyone else about this mans lies and crimes? 
I know he has never served in the armed forces because I have known him for over 20years.  I wish you anger were directed in the right direction and not toward the messenger. 
This post was intened for the MILITARY POLICE!!!!!
Talk is cheap but so is standing by and doing nothing about violations to the human race.  If what I am warning people about and inquiring about, and the things I have stated about Ross Bullough were untrue I would be setting myself up for a law suit for slander.  And if my warning bothers you more than the actions of this low life, then I feel sorry for your soul.
Believe me when I say everything I have said is true.  Sure wish I could find the link on the CTV new report though.
Or if you want you can call Mtl police 44 division Francine Robinson at 514-280-0944
Toronto Pollice 22 Division Victoria Balice 416-808-2200
Raymond Aitkens Sydney NS police Raymond Aitkens 902-563-5151
Or the Military Police Serge Fournier 450-358-7911

kitkatgotmytongue said:
Well overwatch, my post had to start somewhere and I think that posting it on the Military forum

This is an unofficial forum.

kitkatgotmytongue said:
I think that posting it on the Military forum they could check police records to show that my statements are true.

I would doubt that anything will/can be done officially based upon an unsubstantiated internet forum.

kitkatgotmytongue said:
I know he has never served in the armed forces because I have known him for over 20years.

And how does anybody here know that?

Right now, you're just an anonymous poster that none of us knows.

Explaining your knowledge at the beginning might have helped, though.

kitkatgotmytongue said:
This post was intened for the MILITARY POLICE!!!!!

Then contact them directly and complain formally.

Unless he is serving, though, they likely have no jurisdiction. Civil police more likely would, and it appears from this post of yours that they already have knowledge.

We appreciate the unsubstantiated and anonymous warning, but that in itself is not going to do anything, and until it becomes anything else, we reserve the right to be suspicious.

I guess you get a lot of people coming on here and making claims that are untrue by the sounds of it.  And me being just a civy makes it even worse. 
A formal complaint was put forward to Serge Fournier of the military police last year.  But thought that asking my question I could get an answer as to what can be done.  Is it not against the law to pretend to be a Sgt in the Army?
Sorry if I have upset you guys, but feel it is very important to get the word out on this jerk.
:-(

If you could post a news release from any police service, such as the one below, it would help:
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/

Sorry I can't find anything like that but I am trying to post the CTV news report on him:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/clip231397#clip231397

It was aired on November 4th 2009, on CTV New Montreal  spotlight: On Your Side

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting that!

No problem, I am on a fixed pension and my bones are to old to fight physically, but this is my war for justice for all his victims we have only exposed the tip of the iceberg, thank you for allowing me to post on here. 
Now back to my question, is it against the law to claim to be in the Armed Forces when you never had.  He also claims to have been a good buddy of Cpl Nick Bulgar who was killed in action, a friend of Nick's family is really pissed that Ross is claiming to be a buddy and knew him well enough that his daughters babysat for Nick's children.  No end to his lies. 
Sorry I tend to go on and on sometimes. sheesh. :-X

kitkatgotmytongue said:
I guess you get a lot of people coming on here and making claims that are untrue by the sounds of it.  And me being just a civy makes it even worse.

We do have to be reasonably cautious.

Being military or civilian has nothing to do with it.

kitkatgotmytongue said:
A formal complaint was put forward to Serge Fournier of the military police last year.

Roger.

kitkatgotmytongue said:
But thought that asking my question I could get an answer as to what can be done.  Is it not against the law to pretend to be a Sgt in the Army?

Some aspects would constitute criminal code offences, but not military, and that is why the civil police must be involved. Unless he commits some serious fraud or something, though, nobody's going to expend much effort in going after him, unfortunately.

kitkatgotmytongue said:
Sorry if I have upset you guys, but feel it is very important to get the word out on this jerk.

I'm not upset, and it is good to know about this guy. We have done what we could about similar (and in one case much, much worse) cases, but it is still limited.

Thanks, though.

There are laws to prevent persons from impersonating members of the military, but they are not for the Military Police to enforce, unless on DND property.  These fall under the jurisdiction of the civilian police.  It is up to the civilian police to get this guy.  The only way the Military Police may become involved, would be if this person were to actually carry out his impersonation, in uniform, on a military installation. 

I might point out, as well, that the Law Enforcement Officers very seldom enforce the law against persons wearing military insignia or paraphernalia, of Canada or any of her Allied Nations.

Thank you for that information, hopefully he will be caught soon, and put an end to his evil existence.  :hearts:

On a sober note I will be on the overpass tomorrow as always to show my support and gratitude for Cpl. Joshua Baker  :cdn: :(  :yellow:

kitkatgotmytongue said:
Thank you for that information, hopefully he will be caught soon, and put an end to his evil existence.  :hearts:

On a sober note I will be on the overpass tomorrow as always to show my support and gratitude for Cpl. Joshua Baker  :cdn: :(  :yellow:

I think what makes a lot of people uncomfortable with your inital post was you freely gave Mr Bullough's name but you refuse to to shares yours publically. So you will see why a lot of the membership might view you with skeptism and not view you as above board. That being said, you are within your rights as a member of this forum to go with an alias.

Hmmm kind of ironic isn't it?

Milnet.Ca Staff

kitkatgotmytongue said:
Do you have a problem with me warning anyone else about this mans lies and crimes? 

No, I don't have a problem WRT catching a person who impersonates  a Defence Force member or Veteran.

What I have a problem with is someone who gets on here with a 'bayonet fixed' first angry post, and provides accusations without links to back it up. You say you've known this bloke for 20yrs, so you've got personal issues here, and thats fine, just provide a link so we can educate ourselves about this person. Thats not too big of an ask.

I am a soldier and a Veteran (Iraq 2006-2007) myself, so cut the crap about feeling the 'sorry for my soul' and attempting or hinting to paint me a colour which I am not. I can assure you that bloke, 110%.

I am far from defending scum who steal Veterans rights and honours they themselves have won and earned. I think they should be publically named, shamed and gaoled if possible.

Regards from a tropical summer's day.

OWDU

I don't think this woman is doing anything horribly wrong.  Yes, the original post was rather abrupt, but not everyone is used to being on a discussion forum and we do have a rather high standard of proof as a group in whole.  I don't see this as being any different than the thread that has been put together to track John Hill.  And she did go back and dig out the CTV article. 

Ex-Dragoon said:
I think what makes a lot of people uncomfortable with your initial post was you freely gave Mr Bullough's name but you refuse to to shares yours publically. So you will see why a lot of the membership might view you with skeptism and not view you as above board. That being said, you are within your rights as a member of this forum to go with an alias.

Hmmm kind of ironic isn't it?

Milnet.Ca Staff

I don't think that is ironic.  I think that is prudent.  Guys like this are frequently vindictive arseholes and if she gives out her name he could take all sorts of vitriol against her.  Who among us has our real names on here?  Bullough is the bad guy here, not the poster.  I think it is rather offside to try to make her feel bad about wanting to try to do a good thing and protect herself at the same time. 

I'm pretty disappointed at the reaction towards this woman.  We, a collective group who purport to be defenders of Canada on many different levels, should be happy that somebody is taking some initiative towards ownership of making their society safer and better.  Most of us are pretty adept at Google-Fu.  You don't have to dig very hard to find out that what she is saying is out there. 

kitkatgotmytongue said:

Thank you for the info, but don't forget that you live in Canada.  When it comes to sentencing, this arsehole will never do a day in jail beyond when he gets grabbed for his warrants.  That is why fraud is such a great crime.  Hard to prove, sweet FA in the way of punishment.  If you have current knowledge of this donkey, please contact your local police department and have them move the information accordingly. 

As for "an end to his evil existence", that takes a different kind of solution...

Thank you zipperhead for your support, I am glad that someone saw through my feeble attempt to warn about Ross Bullough.  I do appreciate that you saw beneath my words and that I am not that good with the ins and outs of forums.  I still don't know how to take a part of another post and respond to it, like some of the replies to my posts.
It was not my intention to come on here and upset anyone, but saw no point in posting a "how do you do post"then fix my bayonet and charge.  I didn't see the point.  But maybe that was rude of me not to introduce myself, I see.
I ran into the same road block on another Canadian Forum a few minutes earlier....they were asking for proof and was frustrated that I could not pull my link onto that site, it would not work or I didn't do it right. 
Then one of the members of the other board found it and posted it. And I just copy and pasted it here.  But one idiot on the other board started blasting me about how dumb I must be not being able to post a link.  That opened a whole can of worms and I had a cyber fight with him.  I was frustrated when I came here and started hitting another road block.
So I am sorry for any conclusions I may have jumped to and anything I may have said to upset anyone, like I said it was not my intention.

anyway no hard feelings and I really do appreciate you sticking up for me,
cheers
Kathy  :-*

So one jerk-o** on another site started blasting you about how dumb you are for not being able to post a link??

The idiot, kitkat is NOT you...

You won't find that here.

zipperhead_cop said:
I don't think this woman is doing anything horribly wrong. 

Guys like this are frequently vindictive arseholes and if she gives out her name he could take all sorts of vitriol against her.  Who among us has our real names on here?  Bullough is the bad guy here, not the poster.   I think it is rather offside to try to make her feel bad about wanting to try to do a good thing and protect herself at the same time. 

Most of us are pretty adept at Google-Fu.  You don't have to dig very hard to find out that what she is saying is out there. 
A quick search here, using "poser" and "walt" (but eliminating returns for "Walt Natynczyk"  ;) ) show a complete opposite reaction to what's been posted here.  ???

In addition to the info posted on the CTV news site already provided, maybe have a look at:

- TravelKB: Scammed in Mexico
- MostWanted.com
- Facebook: Does Anyone know Ross BULLOUGH?
- Commando.org: Ross Bullough impersonating a Canadian Paratrooper and ...update on ROSS BULLOUGH

This guy sure sounds like a scumbag fraud-artist claiming to be an ex-Airborne Sgt.

As such, thank you for bringing it to our attention

Back