• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAN Enhanced (Permanent?) Fwd Presence in Latvia

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
I do not understand the denigration of drama teachers. Is this a general shot at the PM or teachers in general? ...
The former. After all, many who don't like the history of the current PM seemed to be OK with previous management being a professional politician since shortly after being out of university, and a conservative lobby group boss when he wasn't.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
The former. After all, many who don't like the history of the current PM seemed to be OK with previous management being a professional politician since shortly after being out of university, and a conservative lobby group boss when he wasn't.
As well, there’s a difference between a drama teacher who dedicates a vocation/career to supporting the growth of arts in the education system, and a flitting individual that does it as a gig and that some may say (whether restrained by settlement NDA or otherwise), was with ‘less than benevolent intentions’…

rmc_wannabe

Subscriber
Reaction score
I do not understand the denigration of drama teachers. Is this a general shot at the PM or teachers in general?
A shot at the PM. Teaching is a proud and noble profession. Acting is as well. I will admit it was rather flippant of me, however my theatrics comment stands.
Should all PM’s be lawyers or ‘businessmen’? Odd…
Hardly the point. His Excellency President Zelensky is a comedian by trade, who made his fame pretending to be leader of Ukraine. He has proven to be a charismatic and ferocious leader that Ukraine needed.

I derided Harper for being a business man that was penny wise and pound foolish just as much as I did Paul Martin. Chretien was a lawyer that was perfectly happy to trample the Indian Act as Justice Minister.

The right leader, is someone who knows what they don't know, surrounds themselves with people who do, heeds their advice, and acts accordingly.

In the past 7 years of Trudeau's leadership, I have seen numerous occasions of him doing the exact opposite of this: SNC-Lavalin, WE Charity, our dealings with NATO, the UNSC seat, the Vance Affair, all of it.

So yes, if we want to view Trudeau as a statesman, I would at least expect him to act as one. If he's going to perform theatrics on the world stage, I will call it as such.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
As well, there’s a difference between a drama teacher who dedicates a vocation/career to supporting the growth of arts in the education system, and a flitting individual with a room temperature IQ that does it as a gig and that some may say (whether restrained by settlement NDA or otherwise), was with ‘less than benevolent intentions’…

There, FTFY ;)