• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada Post red-faced over ‘sexy-reindeer’ lingerie ad

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
The comments are typical, but this one was hilarious ............

Skulldug
8:31 PM on February 2, 2011
What a joke! The Libs complain about this but are first in line at the annual pride parade. Make up your minds people. Or is it only inappropriate when WOMEN wear lingerie?

Meagan Fitzpatrick, Postmedia News with a report from Sarah Boesveld · Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2011
Article Link

OTTAWA — The ‘‘sexy reindeer’’ outfit is gone from Canada Post’s online shopping site, and for that you can thank the Liberals.

Liberal MP Bonnie Crombie complained in question period Wednesday that Canada Post is promoting retailers that sell “sex toys, racy accessories and other erotica,” expressing concern because children have access to Canada Post’s website.

A company called The Adult Boutique was among the businesses featured through the Comparison Shopper tool on the Crown corporation’s website. If a user entered lingerie as a search term, photos of products from the company appeared, along with items from other retailers such as Sears, Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom. Users can click on the company’s name to be brought directly to its website to purchase its products.

The Minister of State for Transport, Rob Merrifield, responded that his department would be doing a “full investigation” and that if it were true, “it would be inappropriate for a Crown corporation and the corrective measures will be taken.”

A spokeswoman for Canada Post confirmed a link to The Adult Boutique had been available through the shopping tool but has been removed. “We apologize for the inappropriate content on our Comparison Shopper site,” said Anick Losier. “Once the content was brought to our attention, we had it and any links to the third-party website taken down.”

Following Question Period, Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff was asked by reporters what he thought about the controversy and he wasn’t shy about sharing his fondness for women’s undergarments. “Well, I’m an absolute fan of lacy lingerie. I want to make that perfectly clear, but I don’t think it’s appropriate to sell that on Canada Post,” he said laughing. “There is no greater fan of lingerie than me but I just don’t think it’s appropriate on a Crown corporation website.”
More on link

GAP said:
The comments are typical, but this one was hilarious ............

Meagan Fitzpatrick, Postmedia News with a report from Sarah Boesveld · Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2011
Article Link

OTTAWA — The ‘‘sexy reindeer’’ outfit is gone from Canada Post’s online shopping site, and for that you can thank the Liberals.

Liberal MP Bonnie Crombie complained ..........

................... If a user entered lingerie as a search term, photos of products from the company appeared, along with items from other retailers .......

Obviously Bonnie Crombie was looking for lingerie.    >:D

I hardly think that's the worst thing an enterprising youngster searching for 'lingerie' will see on the internet.

Nostix said:
I hardly think that's the worst thing an enterprising youngster searching for 'lingerie' will see on the internet.

Certainly not, but it is the one that can be challenged in Parliament as a failure of the Government and its Crown Corporation.

Slow news day, methinks.  Tempest in a C cup, perhaps?

Back