• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Structure

dh101

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok if i'm worng can someone tell me the correct structure,
the structure goes like this?
Land Forces Command -> Brigade -> Regiment -> Company -> Platoon
Is this correct or am i missing anything?

dh101 said:
Ok if i'm worng can someone tell me the correct structure,
the structure goes like this?
Land Forces Command -> Brigade -> Regiment -> Company -> Platoon
Is this correct or am i missing anything?

Land Forces Command -> Brigade -> Regiment -> Battalion -> Company -> Platoon

I believe the Brigades are responsible to their specific areas, and then to the CLS.

PuckChaser said:

I believe the Brigades are responsible to their specific areas, and then to the CLS.

By Land Forces Command; is that the LF Area or overall command.  eg.

Land Forces Command -> Land Forces Area Command (Central, Western, Atlantic, etc.) -> Brigade -> Regiment -> Battalion -> Company -> Platoon

???

PuckChaser said:

PLEASE, Please, please: in terms of force structure regiment = battalion, squadron or battery = company and troop = platoon.

Thus: ~ Bde => Regt/Bn => Sqn/Bty/Coy => Tp/Pl.

The original questioner is a cadet; let us give him accurate information ... please.

In the army's administrative structure infantry regiments have "subordinate" battalions but the (honourary) Colonel of the Regiment does not "command" them in any sense of that word.

RHFC_piper said:
Land Forces Area Command (Central, Western, Atlantic, etc.) -> Brigade -> Regiment -> Battalion -> Company -> Platoon
Close; a regiment doesn't command a battalion in our system.

Brigade -> Regiment (Armd/Engr/Arty)/Battalion (Inf) -> Squadron (Armd/Engr)/Battery (Arty)/Company (Inf) -> Troop (Armd/Engr/Arty)/Platoon (Inf)

...and for CSS, I believe it's:
Brigade -> Herd -> Gaggle -> Strays  ;D

Edit: yes, what the faster typist above said  ;)

Back