• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Surface Combatant RFQ

No but things have to float across the pacific to get there. Jetstream goes one way. The 60000ft one is a bit high for an ESSM... heck its high for a CF18...
The jet streams(there's more than one) move a lot, so unless we had the entire West coast fleet at sea at all times there is no way we could cover all possible approaches. Also bear in mind that balloons could be launched from any platform, so a trawler anywhere in the North Pacific could potentially send a balloon our way.

The jet streams(there's more than one) move a lot, so unless we had the entire West coast fleet at sea at all times there is no way we could cover all possible approaches. Also bear in mind that balloons could be launched from any platform, so a trawler anywhere in the North Pacific could potentially send a balloon our way.
By one way I mean west to east generally...

Not sure if this ammunition will fit our new gun for the CSC, but it certainly gives it a lot of reach if it does.

Want to know more about usage of the Krab, Caesar, M109 and M777 artillery systems? Watch videos on our Youtube channel.

Looks like the suitable gun.

ZK8scsZ.jpg

UQgEpaF.jpg

my9SVQ1.jpg

PJNs70x.jpg

Not sure if this ammunition will fit our new gun for the CSC, but it certainly gives it a lot of reach if it does.

The gun CSC is getting is specifically designed to take VULCANO. Nice snipe of an article!

Dave, where's the OOW's chair?
It's not part of the fixed equipment. It's a lawn chair you can move to the bridge wings if you need to... cup holder and everything!

It's not part of the fixed equipment. It's a lawn chair you can move to the bridge wings if you need to... cup holder and everything!

I know this is satire but now you have my wondering why I never thought of this before. Can you imagine doing round a ad showing up in the MCR carrying a flat folding lawn chair with OOW written along the back? Just tucked under your arm like nbd. You show up to ops and just smack it down open next to the ORO, sit down with sunglasses on and just be like "hit me with it BRORO."

I know this is satire but now you have my wondering why I never thought of this before. Can you imagine doing round a ad showing up in the MCR carrying a flat folding lawn chair with OOW written along the back? Just tucked under your arm like nbd. You show up to ops and just smack it down open next to the ORO, sit down with sunglasses on and just be like "hit me with it BRORO."
I'm doing this.

Also until you pointed it out I didn't really recognize Dave in that photo.

All kidding aside, it's great to see them holding workshops like this to get that sort of input from all users to feed into the final design.

Check out this video, some info on what the SPY 7 subassembly looks like (large shoebox size) and the assembled subassembly when all the boxes are stacked together.

The Japanese EMALS system was a new one too. F35C off their carriers.

That is interesting. The US couldn't make it work well, perhaps the Japanese can, though their requirements are likely a bit different.

It's going to be an interesting next 5 years in the Pacific!

The US couldn't make it work well, perhaps the Japanese can, though their requirements are likely a bit different.
I don't think that is especially fair, the US had issues earlier on considering it was the first adoption and a pretty big leap forward by just tossing it onto a carrier. From what I can remember, they have rectified a lot of the issues and the system is in more than a workable state at the moment.

I don't think that is especially fair, the US had issues earlier on considering it was the first adoption and a pretty big leap forward by just tossing it onto a carrier. From what I can remember, they have rectified a lot of the issues and the system is in more than a workable state at the moment.
Fairness has nothing to do with it. It was a statement of fact. They couldn't get it to work well. If they've fixed it great (which you state they have)! There was a reason they held off on conversions for other carriers. It wasn't working properly.

There was a reason they held off on conversions for other carriers. It wasn't working properly.
From what I understand, it is more the fact that there isn't a lot of interest abroad or ship designs currently which are looking to seriously adopt EMALS type catapults at the moment and in the immediate future, instead of the system not working. Many players are happy with F-35B and their current arrangements for the moment. EMALS are going to keep being put out aboard the Ford class carriers but as far as I know, the USN isn't going to be converting older vessels to use it considering their age and the funds/effort required to do so, not really worthwhile in any way.

From what I understand, it is more the fact that there isn't a lot of interest abroad or ship designs currently which are looking to seriously adopt EMALS type catapults at the moment and in the immediate future, instead of the system not working. Many players are happy with F-35B and their current arrangements for the moment. EMALS are going to keep being put out aboard the Ford class carriers but as far as I know, the USN isn't going to be converting older vessels to use it considering their age and the funds/effort required to do so, not really worthwhile in any way.
The next carrier to get an EMALS is the Chinese 003 with their copy.

Then the next planned carrier to get one is the French CDG replacement. It will use the US system.

The only other thought is a small system on the QEII class to launch drones or UAVs.

Back