• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Case against Minneapolis officers appears to be unraveling

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, wondering why this shouldn’t be common sense…it’s only the first two factors in first aid…Airway-Breathing(…-Circulation).

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, wondering why this shouldn’t be common sense…it’s only the first two factors in first aid…Airway-Breathing(…-Circulation).

And 2/3 rds of this immediate action drill is about the O2 thing...

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
And 2/3 rds of this immediate action drill is about the O2 thing...

Right. That's what led to the federal civil rights charges against the four former Minnesota officers.

The indictment alleges that all four defendants saw Mr. Floyd lying on the ground in clear need of medical care and willfully failed to aid him. The indictment alleges that by doing so, all four defendants willfully deprived Mr. Floyd of his constitutional right not to be deprived of liberty without due process of law, which includes an arrestee’s right to be free from a police officer’s deliberate indifference to his serious medical needs. The indictment alleges that this offense resulted in bodily injury to, and the death of, Mr. Floyd.

Those are in addition to the state murder charges against the four.

My - guess - is that Derek will make a deal to testify at his upcoming federal civil rights trial ( he didn't at his state murder trial ) in exchange for being allowed to serve his time in a federal, rather than Minnesota, prison.