• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Catching CF Flights around Canada.

willellis

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all. I am wondering if someone could tell me where I could find a schedule of flights that are heading across Canada, either on the DWAN or internet. Thanks.

There is no CF-operated regular passenger service for flights within Canada.

Yea, but is it not the case that regular scheduled flights (cargo or otherwise) can carry CF members from origin to destination?

willellis said:
Yea, but is it not the case that regular scheduled flights (cargo or otherwise) can carry CF members from origin to destination?

There are no regular scheduled flights, cargo or otherwise. Everything is "as required / on the ATO". Flights may or may not leave when planned and sometimes, not at all.

Flights tasked by the ATO will not be on the DWAN and certainly not on the internet for just anyone to see.

If anything, try here :

http://trenton.mil.ca/2AMS/npschome_e.htm

Right on. Thanks a bunch. Is this link only good for intranet use?

I would suggest calling NPSC as well, the web page may or may not be 100 percent accurate. On flights where there may be any Dangerous Cargo booked, Pri 5 pax are not permitted. Some flights are specific for Duty travel only while others are open for Pri 5 pax after user requirements are met. While others (as already mentioned) get cancelled or re tasked with little to no notice.

Gramps said:
............. others (as already mentioned) get cancelled or re tasked with little to no notice.

Or diverted. I had a friend of mine in Cold Lake who, during Ex Maple Flag, decided spend a day in an AWACS. The aircraft an equipment malfunction and flew straight home to Oklahoma. Try explaining to your OC why you were late for work!

.......and its not because you go on a flight to wherever that you are returning home with that aircraft. You are likely to be stuck getting back on your own.

Try going to the Trenton website (DWAN), then to Lodger units, then to 2 AMS; link to currently scheduled flights is on the lower left.

Ok, so after navigating this site a bit further, I found that it is terribly out of date. The flight schedules have not been updated in the last 5 to 6 years. Any idea if there is a different or better source of written information?

Well it does say "old" in the URL.

http://trenton.mil.ca/8WingUnitsOperational/2AirMovSqn/NonDutyTravel_eng.asp

oops.
Can't delete this post for some reason.

Nothing to contribute, just a mistake with the touchpad and a slow, POS, mozilla..

Back