• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBC looking for Valcartier soldiers with PTSD

CBC.Catou

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Catou MacKinnon and I'm a reporter for CBC radio news in Quebec. We are doing some special programming this month and the next as the final large deployment of Valcartier soldiers takes place.

The theme I'm addressing is "Coming home" and one of the subjects I'd like to explore is PTSD, specifically from missions to Afghanistan. I don't want to diminish the suffering of those who served in Bosnia, Somalia and Cyprus, but the series' focus is on the latest CF mission.

I'm looking for soldiers who have suffered from PTSD as well as their families. It seems like it's a little less 'taboo' to talk about it now since soldiers are now getting some of the help they need, but I suspect it won't be very easy to find someone who will speak publicly.... and in English.

For the last four years, I've been covering the deployments from here, and have been contacting everyone I've spoken to, but without any luck so far.

It's Wednesday October 20th, and I am aiming to do my interviews this week.

You can contact me at the numbers and addresses below:

catou.mackinnon@cbc.ca

418.691.3611 - direct line
toll-free (sans-frais) 1-866-691-3620 (newsroom, please ask for Catou -- 'cat-TOO'

Thanks,

Catou

Back