• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Video Game? - Merged Thread

forrest_gump

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey i heard that there coming out wit ha Canadian forces video game it sounds pretty good. i was wondering if anybody had any info on it so i could read.

It would probably be full of cool relevant military missions if it was done by ADM HR or recruiting.

I can just imagine it.

Mission 1; Harrassment Scenario
Mission 2; Public Appearance Scenario
Mission 3; Posting Scenario
Mission 4; Releasing

In each section as a member of the CF you will have to face the difficulties of the following challenges to progress to the next high speed mission!

I know an older version of Ghost Recon for PC can be modified with Canadian Forces skins so that the characters and weapons in the game mirror our military. It's what I used. =)

Cheers

There is also Operation Flashpoint. A pretty dated game by todays standars, if you puchase the lastest version (usually no more than $15) and spend some time looking on the net, you can download mods for LAVIII's, Cdn infantrymen, Bisons etc, and make it a 'canadian game'. They're expanding it all the time, just do an internet search for Operation Flashpoint Mods.

edited to add: it's a PC game

I remember someone on these boards was saying they were going to make a CF video game and had some screenshots of it in early stages. Same person?

There currently a mod for BF2 for the PC(Battlefield 2) being made called Conflict Canada and it is looking pretty decent so far. Here is a link to their site. http://canadianforces.aowc.net/main.asp

Towards_the_gap said:
There is also Operation Flashpoint. A pretty dated game by todays standars, if you puchase the lastest version (usually no more than $15) and spend some time looking on the net, you can download mods for LAVIII's, Cdn infantrymen, Bisons etc, and make it a 'canadian game'. They're expanding it all the time, just do an internet search for Operation Flashpoint Mods.

edited to add: it's a PC game

The Canadian mod is Operation Northstar (http://www.operationnorthstar.com/).  Really high quality mod.  Shame its not updated anymore.

There is a new Mission for Kuma Strike Featuing Canadian Troops from PPCLI in A'stan. Its a recreation of a march 29th battle.

http://www.kumawar.com/ its free and has great reviews, good graphics, lots fun.

Towards_the_gap said:
There is also Operation Flashpoint. A pretty dated game by todays standars, if you puchase the lastest version (usually no more than $15) and spend some time looking on the net, you can download mods for LAVIII's, Cdn infantrymen, Bisons etc, and make it a 'canadian game'.

That has to be a CF product then. The price matches our budget.

;D

Regards

Carbon-14 said:
The Canadian mod is Operation Northstar (http://www.operationnorthstar.com/).  Really high quality mod.  Shame its not updated anymore.

everyone just got really busy with work. They might restart it in the future..

I remember someone on these boards was saying they were going to make a CF video game and had some screenshots of it in early stages. Same person?
That was I. The project took an interesting turn. We were aiming to create a FIBUA video game, but discovered the DRDC (Defence Research and Development Canada) was already dumping money into similar projects, and we got a cold response. Which was unfortunate because they appear to be mods to existing video game platforms and mods really limit what you can do...I think we could have build something much more flexable and relevant...oh well.

We did however get a very warm reception from DRDC Atlantic working on a video game training product for them, which should be in the production state within the next couple of months.

Have you ever wanted to play a canadian soldier in WW2 well soon you will be able to. The makers of Call of Duty 3 are saying not only will the player of the game be able to play the regular american, and british, but also polish and yes CANADIAN units!! The game is based from D-Day until the liberation of Paris on August 25, 1944. I am not to sure if it goes through the Sicilian and Italian campains because where I read it it only talks about the Normandy Breakout campaign that busted Paris free from the Axis grip. But it is still exiting that the game features CANADIAN SOLDIERS.

Leave a comment if you believe this is a good idea.

C/Pte. M. Legare

About time I loved COD1 and 2 always wanted to play as a canadian solder.

COD 1 and 2 were great fun, so I am assuming three will just be as fun.
What I always thought would be neat would be to play from the Axis perspective. IE: Italians, Germans, etc.
How's that for a different spin?

Looking forward to it, the release date will be in the 4th quarter of 2006 for PS2.

If your on PC you can get a mod for battlefield 1942 called Forgotten Hope.  On top of being an incredibly detailed mod for the game there is a Liberation of Cean map which you can be Canadian.  They added some vehicles with Canadian markings too.  Some of the maps for this mod are fantastic for online play.  It really adds to the game...countless new vehicles and tanks.

:cdn:

Didn't like COD1, and I never bought COD2.  However, if there is a game with Canadian vehicles, soldiers etc. in it I'll buy it just to see what it's like.  Anything with Canadian content interests me.  It's nice to get a bit of recognition as a nation for what we contributed, even if it is a video game.
:cdn:

Back