• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CHANGING TRADES

rhino

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello to every one, I just have a little question, how does one change a unit, and trade, I'm currently infantry but I'm thinking about going MP :-[, and would it be worth it????
I really don't want to get stack in a traffic control position for rest of my career

I would actually like to know the same thing. Right now I'm applying to the Military Police Reserves, and considering joining up with the Reg force MP's. But I'd like to know what it takes to change trades if I ever decided I wanted to become a firefighter or an infantryman in the military.

When I talked to the recruiter a couple weeks ago he told me you needed a college diploma in something related to policing to become a military policeman.

Also, he told me that firefighter is one of the most sought after trades and most people going in have a few years of experience under their belts. Plus, he also said they only run a course every year or two with 15-30 people on course.

FYI:

Algonquin College has 9 courses of 45 people doing Police foundations.

The recruiter I talked to said this type of previous education (Police Foundations) is setting a benchmark of all future MP prospects.

I think that having this diploma would greatly enhance your chances not hinder them.

I'm interested in doing anything emergency services with the exception of EMT. Right now my main choice is that Military Police, even though it seems as though most of the forces seems to frown upon them, I think it would be a great career with alot of oppurtunities to advance into specialized units. I'm also looking at firefighting, as my brother is a fire fighter and it seems like a rewarding career as well.

one more thing, I forgot to specify, I'm reserve and I was thinking reserve MP.  What's the difference in job postings, if any???? I got some time in under my belt, plus Law Enforcement diploma, I don't thing I would have problems with qualifications, it's only the duties that I would like to avoid, like the gate house, i want some challenge and adventure in my life, as to gate duties I can get a security position any time on civi street.
I guess I m looking for a MP to talk me into it ;D

I know its an old topic but no one actually answered the question. I am a Infantry reserve, but i want to change to MP reserve. where do I go/what do I do? MEMO? Recruiting centre, orderly room?

Pte(R). McWatt said:
I know its an old topic but no one actually answered the question. I am a Infantry reserve, but i want to change to MP reserve. where do I go/what do I do? MEMO? Recruiting centre, orderly room?

Start with a memo to your immediate supervisor who will forward it up the chain of command.

Back