• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civilian Diver Training in Toronto Area

Mike5

Reaction score
Good morning,

Can anyone recommend a good school / instructor for scuba certification for a civilian in the Toronto area?

Thanks,

2010newbie

Reaction score
I have bought some things at this store in Oshawa, but I haven't taken any courses through them. I have heard from a couple people who did take the course that they were very professional. They were always helpful and knowledgeable when I went into the store.

http://www.divesource.com/index.html

Mike5

Reaction score
Thanks, will check them out.

Are there any particular civilian certifications or programs that a CF diver would recommend ?

Thanks,

Smirnoff123

Reaction score
I have taken a variety of courses through Dive Source in Oshawa, which was mentioned above, and I can therefore vouch for them. I completed my open water diver certification, as well as my emergency first responders course through them. I am planning to take further courses such as advanced open water diver and others through them.  :)

Edit to add -----

A month ago or so one of the dive masters actually put together an event called 'Dive for the troops', unfortunately I was not able to get the night off work.

Mike5

Reaction score
Folks, many thanks for the advice.  Checked out a few dive shops and will be kicking off PADI certification soon.

Regards,

Mike

Smirnoff123

Reaction score
Folks, many thanks for the advice.  Checked out a few dive shops and will be kicking off PADI certification soon.

Which shop did you end up going with?

Mike5

Reaction score
Oakville Divers.  Unfortunately Oshawa was just too far to drive,

Regards,