• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civilian opportunity for Sappers.

Gayson

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know how many people in the Engineer world know about this in the CF, so I thought I would post it.

People with Engineering experience in the military can qualify for certification as an Engineering Technologist.  This is called a C.E.T. and is available in Ontario from the Ontario Association of Certified Technicians and Technologists.

The information about this on the website is pretty vague, however I remember reading elsewhere that generally having your QL5 is considered to equivalent experience and academics to be eligible for the C.E.T.

I don't know if this also goes for the other provinces.

http://www.oacett.org/career/

"In cases where no diploma was obtained, such as military or other company training programs, this training is evaluated and an examination program is usually assigned."

Other than that, I didn't see anything else on the website regarding military. However, I've emailed the manager of admissions and certifications about military as a prerequisite and will update when/if she responds.

Cheers

The link below adds a little bit more.

http://www.cmea-agmc.ca/Communiques/05.01.Accreditation_e.pdf

too bad i could't go the other way around and attain some recognition from the military for my C.E.T. I attained on the civi side. they really didn't care. University matters, but college really dosen't, inless you take certain trades like mechanical tech, or electrical tech, those guys get signing bnonuses. Im trodging along on my BMQ with all the 16 year olds. At least Im not the oldest guy.

Most of those I know in the Reg's who have retired(20yrs) have been snapped up by local Municipalities and are doing good,others have gone on into the Contract EOD/Mine Clearance world and also doing well.

Take the relevent cource's and the will stand you in good stead in Civie Life.

Back