• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Clerk QL3 Course (Reserve)

pte_clerk

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that they aren't running any reserve Ql3 Clerk course this summer in Borden or Petawawa. Has anyone else hear similar news? I am an untrained private desperate to get his threes.

pte_clerk said:
I heard a rumour that they aren't running any reserve Ql3 Clerk course this summer in Borden or Petawawa. Has anyone else hear similar news? I am an untrained private desperate to get his threes.

I did my threes (reserve) three or four summers back.  They didn't teach much applicable to your duties in the reserve unit anyway - hopefully that has changed.  You're better off doing OJT there in your own unit, in my opinion.

Michael Dorosh said:
I did my threes (reserve) three or four summers back.   They didn't teach much applicable to your duties in the reserve unit anyway - hopefully that has changed.   You're better off doing OJT there in your own unit, in my opinion.
That may be, but you can't be promoted to Pte (Basic), with the hook, without the QL3s.  I can understand why a young soldier would be anxious about that.

Also, depending on which unit, it might be hard to do OJT, if there aren't many qualified clerks to assist.

Ah, good point....forgot about the allure of that first stripe.  My last promotion was in the 1980s, so hopefully I can be forgiven for forgetting the heady excitement..... ;)

There are courses run. I am almost positive our units sending some people down to borden this summer.

Fear not, ive been in for almost 3 years and i am just getting my 3's now.

Back