• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Closed trades

shado_wolf

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I was speaking to a recruiter today in Edmonton and was told that all of the trades are closed. He said to take my application home, fill it out and drop it off in April when they may open up some trades.

Now I thought I had read that each recruitment center is alloted a number to fill and that maybe other centers may still have some to fill.

Is this true?

Anyone have contact numbers at other recruitment offices? The 1800 number goes straight to my local one.

Thanks in advance,
Dylan

EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED????

Somethings gotta be so wrong there.

Reserve or Regs,

The Reserves are have exceeded their allotment of personnel by some 500 people. They are not actively recruiting at the moment.

As for the Regs, I would expect that the recruitors are simply waiting for the new Fiscal year to begin (April) and then they can recruit more pers for the basic trades. I seriously doubt it that ALL trades are closed, they told you that to conviently get rid of you for a couple of months.

Sad but true...

Welcome to your first interaction with the beauracracy. Lesson one: Recruiters lie. Lesson two: Nothing in this army moves with a sense of urgency, *especially* the recruiting process.

Nothing in this army moves with a sense of urgency,
This is the reason the govt doesn‘t want a "quick reaction force"... if we had one, they would need to make decisions "quickly" !!!

Preach it, Warrant! You have a big "AMEN!!!" from this troop.

The recruiting centres in my area, s-w ontario, are still going at it like mad -- so quotas could be the reason.

The difference may also be between getting into the ranks and a commission. I know that the officer recruiting across the country is still in full swing.

But, then again, why would anyone on God‘s green earth ever want to be an officer??!!

i got the same response in saskatchewan last week, when i asked if infantry was still open they said that nothing is really open and that by the time they process my application that things should be opening up again.

To be honest, Ive had several friends mention their REGFOR trades were closed when they went to the centre to apply.

As well, another OCDT here switched academic programs out of engineering, req. a trans of MOCs. (He was CMBT Eng) He was initially told the only officer trades open in the forces without a specialized degree were Armour, Arty or ATC (Air Traffic Controller).

When he met the career counsellor, he was told the only remaining option was ATC. He isnt happy about going blue....

Back