• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comments from the medics on SG05.

medic2ic

Inactive
Reaction score
I wasn't able to attend Stalwart Guardian this year due to civilian work commitments... just wanted to know what the medics thought of SG05? How did the BMS run? Staffing problems? Equipment problems? Anything exciting happen at all?

I was not part of the ex but rumor has it that communication during medical emergency's needs a lot of work.

Isn't that how it always is eh... jeez.... the CF has a multi million dollar radio system with the new TCCS (or whatever the accronym is for it, you know what I'm talking about), and we still have to resort to Canadian Tire for our Motorolas.... oh well... someday it will all be sorted out.

1 Cdn Fd Hosp deployed 2 of the new Ford F450 Ambs for No Duff Evac, they carried up to 6 patients at a time for transfer to BMC or PGH.  The coordination among the Total Force Players was shaky to begin, but once boots hit the dirt it was a well-executed task.  The BMS was quite busy and at least one real mass cas (vehicle roll-over) situation was handled very well.  The busiest periods were 0200-0600 hrs.

Comms (IRIS) will continue to be a concern.

I was tasked as the CO's driver for the ex, so while I didn't get to do any medical stuff I got around a bit to see what was going on.  From what I gathered from talking to the observer/controllers was that they were very pleased with the performance of the rank & file.  It was really great to meet the reg force medics that came out - a great bunch of people and I think the reserve medics got lots of learning opportunities at the BMS and UMSs from the regs.  From what I understand the total patient volume was lower than last year, but the BMS was busy all week.   

Back