• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contest QL3 (p) or just get in then figure it out?

Griswald DME

Inactive
Reaction score
I doing a CT from Reserve to Reg. Force.   I am currently QL5 qualified (active Class B) in the MOC I'm going to CT to Reg. FOrce as,   but there must be some things missing from my file because the MA stated that I will be offered a position at QL3(p).  The QL5 course I just took is the same as Reg. Force (no difference).

I'm thinking I should keep my yap shut, accept their offer (I've waited three freaking years to get in) and then contest my QL status then.   What would you do in my case?   And does anyone have experience with this?   I'm hoping, rather assuming they will backpay me if this is the case.

DME

The QL course in the P Res may not be the same as in the Reg F or the course may have changed from the time that you took your QL3 and QL5 to what those qualifications need now.  You can contest this fact but if you wait until after you are in, you've already accepted the offer of QL3(P).  Have you asked the recruiting centre why you were offered QL3(p)?

I haven't received an offer yet, this information is from the MA, not recruiting.  I've been selected but they are doing the PLAR right now, and so far that is what they are coming up with.  Res or Reg, the QL5 course is the same and hasn't changed since I finished the final component earlier this year.

I'm really looking for advice weather I should accept the QL3(p) if thats what is offered, mainly BECAUSE I have been waiting three years to get in (I want to get in before the change in pension occuring Jan 1st 2005) then contest the QL status, or should I bite the bullet and contest prior to accepting a posting?  The second option would most likely not get me in prior to the pension change deadline :(

DME

My advice to you is that you obviously want to get in and waiting for qualification acceptance may end up getting you into a position where they say no anyway.I know of alot of people that did wait and in the end were told take it or leave it.Also these days getting ql4 courses is usually quite quick and your gaining unit will most likely take your previouse experience into consideration when assesing you which should speed things up to getting the quals you previously held.

Back