• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COT Rank/Pay Question

scott822665

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently going through a Compulsory Occupational Transfer (COT) and I am wondering how this will affect my career progression.

I was in the training system as a pilot, but due to a recent medical issue, that is no longer an option. I have since submitted my COT, with my top choice being Public Affairs Officer, and am concerned that my promotion to Captain will be delayed due to this situation.

A friend of mine told me that once I am officially in the new trade, that is the day they treat as my date of rank (2Lt). I had assumed that I would keep my current date of rank and that my rank would be back dated, along with my pay, once I am trade qualified.

If anyone can offer any insight on this, or any tips on OTing to PAFO it would be greatly appreciated.

CBI 204.03: http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits/ch-204-pay-policy-officers-ncms.page#sec-204-03

Back