• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl Aiden Tobin

OldSolduer

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Cpl Aiden Tobin, PPCLI  passed away recently.

RIP Cpl Tobin.  :salute: :cdn:

A good soldier and the world is a poorer place now.

Mods, if I'm in the wrong area please move this....thank you.

RIP Aiden,

I remember you quite well as a member of my section in '97 (2VP). You were certainly quite a character.

Jim, Any word on what happened to him? and was he still in 2VP?

Aiden was certainly a character. I often recall "Aidenisms" and have a quiet chuckle.
RIP amigo, the world is truly a smaller place without you.  :salute:

Cpl Tobin was at the Tactics School when he passed.  I knew him from sight only, as I would often pass him as I was on the way to the smoking pit.  We only made small talk, or the odd joke.  I was shocked to hear of his passing.  RIP.

Put your helmets on, Aiden war story.

In 1997, Aiden and I were on patrol in the town of Coralici (Bosnia). I remember sitting in a cafe and a local bosnian was eating an apple while talking to us. He offered Aiden a bite. Aiden then proceeded to spit his gum out into his hand and counter offered said gum to the Bosnian. We all had a chuckle at that. That was typical Aiden, really good sense of humour.

RIP, Newf.

:warstory:

Thanks Rick, I used to  call him the Premier of Newfoundland, because he could have done just as good as the other Tobin. :salute:

Sorry  didn't notice this thread until now.

I had the pleasure of serving with Aiden in the early 1980's with the RNFLDR.  A character and a damn fine soldier, he will be missed.

Just heard about this while I was over at the VAC office today, and I am just at the other end of the building now......

:salute:

That's all I have to say.

Wook

Back