• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CSEO Related Inquiry: knowledge from university

Epelix

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I'm currently under ROTP and in my third year as a Computer Engineering student. My trade is MSEO, but I have submitted a VOT application to CSEO.
As I have minimal to no experience or knowledge compared to students at RMC, I had a few questions to ask on the forum.

1) Is computer or electrical engineering knowledge taught in university ever used on the job?

2) I have to make a choice in fourth year between the software and hardware specialization. Which would be more suitable and applicable for the trade CSEO?

I'm not sure which section of the forums this should go under so if this section is inappropriate for type of post, please feel free to move it elsewhere.

Thank you,

Epelix said:
Good day,

I'm currently under ROTP and in my third year as a Computer Engineering student. My trade is MSEO, but I have submitted a VOT application to CSEO.
As I have minimal to no experience or knowledge compared to students at RMC, I had a few questions to ask on the forum.

1) Is computer or electrical engineering knowledge taught in university ever used on the job?

2) I have to make a choice in fourth year between the software and hardware specialization. Which would be more suitable and applicable for the trade CSEO?

I'm not sure which section of the forums this should go under so if this section is inappropriate for type of post, please feel free to move it elsewhere.

Thank you,

1) Yes, it's very useful, but not necessary.

2) Doesn't matter.  Just pass.  I have a Mech Eng degree and am doing just fine in CSE.  There are physics and math majors who are doing find as well.  Do what you like and enjoy for school.  Just pass all the courses and graduate.  The navy will teach you the rest.

Back