• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dec 9th Swear In!

JBP

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Today I swear in and I am happier than a pig in sh*t! I've been waiting for this since I was a kid and can't wait for the first tell my superior infantrymen yell at me.

I wanted to post this to thank those on this site I've talked with, argued with, learned from and read from. You're all a great many wonderful bunch of people regardless and I just want to thank you for the last 6 months of learning up until now. I'm sure a lot of it will come in handy.

Cheers to all those still waiting!

Joe
:salute: :warstory: :salute:

good luck today man!! i got sworn in last week and kitted monday for the reserves. i got called private labrash for the first time when i went to get my kit and thats when it hit me, i'm finally in  ;D it was a great feeling

:rage:

Guess what, they bloody well postponed it! They said not enough newbies to do a swear in tonight... This is the second time it's been post-poned! I'm going crazy! Now it's January 6th they said for sure no matter what because the weekend training etc is starting then...

:rage:

I have been waiting for this night for along time and it keeps getting shoved away! I'll stop whinning now but my god, what a pain!  :crybaby:

good luck today man!! i got sworn in last week and kitted monday for the reserves. i got called private labrash for the first time when i went to get my kit and thats when it hit me, i'm finally in  it was a great feeling

I'm glad you got your kit so soon! I figured it would take months with the way some of the folks on this site talk!

Thanks again

Welcome to the "people who are getting sworn in on 06 January 2005" club.

ironically jan 6th is my first night parading. what isn't happening jan 6th?

Pte (R) Joe said:
Hello folks,

Today I swear in and I am happier than a pig in sh*t! I've been waiting for this since I was a kid and can't wait for the first tell my superior infantrymen yell at me.

I wanted to post this to thank those on this site I've talked with, argued with, learned from and read from. You're all a great many wonderful bunch of people regardless and I just want to thank you for the last 6 months of learning up until now. I'm sure a lot of it will come in handy.

Cheers to all those still waiting!

Joe

Hey Joe, congratulations and good luck!!!   :salute:

I am looking forward to January 5th, as it is the day I am scheduled to write my Aptitude Test

Joe,

Good luck. Have a long, prosperous career and stay safe.

Words to live by:

I hope that my achievements in life shall be these - that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, and that I will have given help to those who were in need that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been.  ~C. Hoppe

Enjoy your post soldier.

Well, swore in Jan 6, 2005 at about 8:45pm EST...

And by god, from that moment on I was destined NOT to sleep! I had to get up and go to work the next day at 7Am, not too early, but I only got 3hrs sleep... I suppose I can consider that "sleep depravation" training eh? :p

The feeling was incredible, I had goosebumps over my whole body. Call me an emotional sap, my goddamn teeth were chattering almost! It's all I could do to not let them as I said the words.... Incredible!!!!

Keep waiting folks, it's worth it!!!

Joe
:salute:

just wait till your first night of duty, it was awesome. i already held the c7 and c9  ;D ;D ;D they were a lot heaveir then i had expected i'll tell ya

Back