• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

I remember the whole mercury in vaccines was linked to autism. Then over time mercury levels were reduced yet autism rates didn’t follow suit. So anti vaxxers just picked something else to fill their narrative. Because being wrong was worse than than doing damage to a proven science. There is more mercury in a can of Tuna than in a vaccine but that seems to escape the vaccine/autism fantasy world.

Another car ALSO sped up, so it must have been because I pressed my gas pedal. Right?

Right, if the other driver was male. No man can let another car go faster, ever, or his man card is taken away.

There is a correlation between rates of Autism and increased vaccines. This is not causation of course...who would ever fund that type of research?
Sigh... there is also a correlation between the increase in autism and the decrease in pirates, but I don't think anyone is suggesting we need more pirates, or that is something we should fund for causation. The vaccine link has been studied, and aside from the study that was discredited because the data was made up, zero causation has been found.

Autism itself is diagnosed by psychologists, not by any kind of repeatable medical marker, and the definition keeps expanding to include all kinds of things that previously were separate diagnoses all together (like Aspergers for example). If you go back a few generations in history, people were just considered weird or massively disabled and there was no diagnoses, but there is lots of evidence with all kinds of people having autistic traits throughout history.

So the rate itself will increase simply on the basis of the widened net of the diagnoses and increased screening, plus actual understanding of the conditions. Additionally, people diagnosed as adults in their 40s, 50s and 60s didn't suddenly wake up with it, so getting a relevant incidence rate would have to involve adjusting the date backwards to a standard reference point (ie birth date) instead of a diagnosis date.

All the current research indicates it's a genetic condition that you are born with, with some possibilities that there are general environmental conditions for in vitro exposure that may aggravate the development of it if you are someone who is predisposed towards it, but things are basically locked in before you are born. There are a lot of different conditions (generically lumped in under 'neurodiversity') in the same boat, and lots of people in and out of the CAF leading productive lives with no issue.

Conversely, mumps, measles, rubella and polio will all kill you or leave you maimed, and COVID can potentially do the same thing. There are some rare cases for of real vaccine side effects, but it's exponentially lower than actual COVID risks, so not really sure what you are on about.

Sigh... there is also a correlation between the increase in autism and the decrease in pirates, but I don't think anyone is suggesting we need more pirates, or that is something we should fund for causation. The vaccine link has been studied, and aside from the study that was discredited because the data was made up, zero causation has been found.
What's wrong with pirates? ;)

Autism itself is diagnosed by psychologists, not by any kind of repeatable medical marker, and the definition keeps expanding to include all kinds of things that previously were separate diagnoses all together (like Aspergers for example). If you go back a few generations in history, people were just considered weird or massively disabled and there was no diagnoses, but there is lots of evidence with all kinds of people having autistic traits throughout history.

So the rate itself will increase simply on the basis of the widened net of the diagnoses and increased screening, plus actual understanding of the conditions. Additionally, people diagnosed as adults in their 40s, 50s and 60s didn't suddenly wake up with it, so getting a relevant incidence rate would have to involve adjusting the date backwards to a standard reference point (ie birth date) instead of a diagnosis date.

All the current research indicates it's a genetic condition that you are born with, with some possibilities that there are general environmental conditions for in vitro exposure that may aggravate the development of it if you are someone who is predisposed towards it, but things are basically locked in before you are born. There are a lot of different conditions (generically lumped in under 'neurodiversity') in the same boat, and lots of people in and out of the CAF leading productive lives with no issue.

Conversely, mumps, measles, rubella and polio will all kill you or leave you maimed, and COVID can potentially do the same thing. There are some rare cases for of real vaccine side effects, but it's exponentially lower than actual COVID risks, so not really sure what you are on abou

I was driving on the highway, pressed down on my gas pedal and my car sped up.

Another car ALSO sped up, so it must have been because I pressed my gas pedal. Right? That is the version of correlation you're presenting...
Using the word because implies a causal connection so...no lol

Has it been that brutal there? Asking because I’m not there.
Depends on the aspect. The spread of COVID had been limited, especially if you reference Ontario and Quebec. This helped to lower the severity of the lockdowns, so I believe, overall it has been more open here for day to day activities. However, you couldn't leave your jurisdictions for small amounts of time and you couldn't traverse into the next province without doing a lot of legwork. As soon as you got back, you were subject to a two week qaurantine. So, the rules haven't been as harsh, but they were more strict on average and sustained.

I do see it from Eye in The sky's perspective, that it hasn't been horrible. Although, the longer it goes, the more pressure it causes. I also don't understand how people can casually give up two years with loved ones that are nearing end of life. You don't get that time back.

How about because you love them??
I think that will lead to regret. Not for everyone, but for the majority.

Right now, we just gave up, potentially, 3% of our lives with loved ones. Another four years and that will be 8-10%. If you consider just your adult life with your parents, we have given up ~10-13% already.

There are circumstances that would necessitate isolating sick and or aging parents from contacting COVID, but we should have the freedom to make that choice, if it is not infringing on the rights of other people around them, such as at a LTCH. If a grandparent wants to risk their lives to see their kids and grandkids, and you, as the child are uncomfortable with that, then a good conversation on if that can happen would be healthy.

Maybe, this will be the way when vaccination is allowed for children and everyone has had a chance to insulate themselves as they see fit with the resources at hand. I don't see any appetite to keep lockdowns in place once the whole population has access to the vaccine.

Wait until we start locking down for a bad flu season.

Litigation team, UP!
The Federal Court is scheduled to hear arguments today from four Canadian Armed Forces members facing disciplinary action for refusing to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

Chief of the defence Gen. Wayne Eyre ordered all Armed Forces members to be vaccinated by the end of November or face remedial measures, including possible dismissal from the military. That deadline has since been extended to Dec. 18.

The order follows a similar requirement for all federal public servants as the Liberal government sought to set an example for all Canadians to get vaccinated. Eyre has also said his order is intended to protect the military during the pandemic.

In sworn affidavits, the four service members challenging the order say they are opposed to getting the vaccine for different reasons, including concerns about its long-term safety and on religious grounds.

“I do not have the confidence in the government's declaration that they are `safe and effective,”' Lt.-Col. Illo Antonio Neri states. “More specifically, I do not believe the trials have accurately discovered and assessed all potential long-term effects of the vaccines.” ...

Four members are challenging it:

Back