• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dress to report in?

Nuggs

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question....

New to the forces, was just TD to NRS Halifax for compassionate reasons, what dress do I report in. DEU I assume?

Thanks in advance.

I would guess it would be what ever the dress of the day is for the Navy......

You typically won't need to be in DEU to report in.  However, it is best to err on the side of caution and don't assume that reporting-in dress is work dress.  You can't go wrong with Salt & Peppers...meaning black wool pants, parade boots, short sleeve white shirt and peak cap.  You can wear your sweater with this if it is cool.  Or you can subsitute your long sleeve white shirt and tie for the s/s shirt.

If you are still in doubt, check out your paperwork and see if there is a contact name and number.  Give them a call and ask what you should be wearing.

I would personally go with 3C (salt & pepper w/sweater), but that's me - I hate neckties.  If it's a concern, you can't go wrong with no. 3 (DEU w/ribbons, although I doubt you have any).

airmich beat me to it...

Sub-normal said:
If you are MS or below standard dress of the day even in an office is NCDs.

Maybe so, but often bases have a specified dress of the day for reporting in or clearing out.

You'll never get dumped on for being over dressed to clear in, but you damn skippy will for being under dressed.

I remember reporting in to my first unit in tie and tunic. It was a custom I maintained throughout my service. Never once did I have an RSM or unit CWO crap on me for my choice, however many complimented me on it.

ModlrMike said:
I remember reporting in to my first unit in tie and tunic. It was a custom I maintained throughout my service. Never once did I have an RSM or unit CWO crap on me for my choice, however many complimented me on it.

Also helps avoid being drafted for joe-job duties the first day you show up...

NFLD Sapper - I hope you are not implying Jeans and a T Shirt are appropriate in the ARmy.  Even troops who have not been issued DEU are to wear dress pants an a collar shirt to report at the Armour School.  Officers better be wearing a Tie. 

Back