• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drill Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Zero216
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zero216

Are there any manuals/instructions online or in books where I can find the drill commands and what you have to do with each one? So far I'm about average when it comes to drill. During our pre-BMQ we were taught the following commands in one day: attention, stand at ease, stand easy, right turn, left turn, right incline, left incline, about turn, fall in, fall out, right and left dress (shoulder and arm), quick march and halt. There are probably a couple I'm forgetting, but I would like to practice some of the ones I'm not too good at, especially the halt.

Sadly it appears that the pertinent pub CFP 201 is no longer available online to the general public (non-DIN addresses).  The hard copy can be ordered through the Directorate of History & Heritage.  If you're just looking for a brief description of the movement and words of command, the cadet movement teaches the majority of drill without arms and its website provides pdf versions of their manuals under Staff Resoures at www.cadets.ca.  This isn't a good route for cadet instructors as their manuals (stupidly) do not stick to a simple cut and paste of the 201 - they omit necessary details and do not break the movements down for instructional purposes.  Also there are occasional errors (e.g., wrong timing on open order march).
Anyway, best of luck and soldier on - it's not as hard as it looks!

Don't worry about practicing drill. Halfway through your BMQ you'll be wishing you never had to do it again. You'll do lots of it, and revision, and then more practice...Instructors are usually pretty accomodating about it.

Back