• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DRP supports CF

MPIKE

Inactive
Reaction score
A great venture which was unvieled today at our armouries.  :cdn:

http://drps.ca/netscape/whatsnew/whatsnew_view.asp?ID=10231

Supporting Our Troops
13-Nov-2006 10:51 PST Back | Print Article
Durham Regional Police cruisers will be featuring a decal supporting our Canadian Forces personnel stationed around the world.

At a brief ceremony on Monday at the Col R.S. McLaughlin Armoury in Oshawa, Chief Vern White and Ontario Regiment Commanding Officer LCol Dave Parry unveiled one of the “Support Our Troops” decals. Representatives from the region’s Royal Canadian Legions were also on hand for the ceremony.

The idea came to Insp. Charlie Green and Supt. Bob Chapman after DRPS officers spontaneously attended every Highway 401 ramp in Durham Region to pay tribute to fallen soldiers who were being transported from CFB Trenton to CFS Toronto. Inspired by that gesture and supported by the Chief, the Senior Officers’ Association and the Durham Regional Police Association, Inspector Green and Supt. Chapman came up with the plan to purchase “Support Our Troops” decals to be placed on every marked police cruiser & motorcycle.

The Durham Regional Police Association is also dedicating the Christmas issue of their members’ magazine “Ten Eight” (which means clear and ready for duty) to CF Troops. It will have appropriate articles and pictures and copies will be sent overseas.

Chief White talked about the kinship between soldiers and police officers, both dedicated to "preserving the peace" and said he was proud to show DRPS's support of troops around the world. There are currently 3,021 Canadian Forces personnel stationed around the world, including Afghanistan, the Iranian Gulf, Iraq, Bosnia, Sudan, Congo, Cyprus, Sierra Leone and Haiti.

Also at the ceremony, DRPS Sgt. Tom Whiteway was presented with his peacekeeping medal for serving in 2005 with the European Union Policing Mission in Bosnia.

The DRPS currently has two police officers stationed overseas - one in Haiti and the other in Jordan, on peacekeeping missions.

Logo_300_20061113105154.jpg

Yellow ribbon - Support our troops stickers have been a common sight in the US for the last 2 years. 

Its about time the idea is finally catching on in Canada.  I would encourage the OPP and other municipal forces to follow suit, that may force the Toronto Police Commission to adopt the program.

I can only hope and pray that TPS adopt the cause, but I'm not holding my breath.

thewanderer said:
Good to see, well done, where can I buy them....

They are available from quite a few kit shops and other location, including: http://www.thercrkitshop.com/index.php?page=categories/index.php&catid=106

thewanderer said:
Good to see, well done, where can I buy them....
Wanderer,

Actually, I believe the design above is the one authorized only for police use on the cruisers.

However, there will also be DRP support lapel pins that will be made and probably made available to public through the DRPA kitshop. But this is still in the works.  The plan is to also have these pins authorized to be worn on our duty dress as well.

Great employer :salute:

IVe seen a few cruisers in hamilton with the Magnets on them. My guess is that the individual offcer just puts it on his cruiser for his shift. and that its nothing official here... still a welcome gesture  :salute:

Back