• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Education requirements to become an electrical distribution technician

teddie

Inactive
Reaction score
I want to apply to become an electrical distribution technician in the army. However, while I have graduated from Wilfred Laurier University with a degree in criminology I do not have grade 10 academic math, a pre requisite to apply. What would be the quickest and most efficient way to obtain my credit and apply and is it worth it to begin my aptitude tests or start my application at this time?

Hi Teddie,

Sorry for the long wait in reply.  A couple of questions:

(1) what grade level math do you have?  I note you attended WLU . . . was that as a mature student or did you take math at a higher level beyond Grade 10. If so, what level and what was the content as it might be possible to submit a waiver request depending on the math.

(2) with a degree you could look at officer occupations if you are so inclined.  For example Military Police Officer (MPO) is an option for you with a Criminology BA.

If you have your heart set on ED Tech and you do not have math beyond Grade 10 general (I am assuming that is what you did vice academic), then you will need to upgrade that math.  My recommendation would be to approach the local HS to see if they offer Grade 10 math (academic) or higher academic math at night school (sometimes they offer college/uni prep courses).  The key would be to obtain either the Grade 10 academic or an equivalency.  I cannot stress enough that unless it is actual Grade 10 academic math that you verify with your local CFRC that the math course you plan to take is equivalent and will be acceptable for the entry standards.  For example, a lot of folks will take the math for everyday living (doing taxes, budgeting, finances with a bit of other math thrown in) only to find out it is not acceptable when they go to get a waiver. 

Cheers

Andraste

Back