• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Element Transfer Memo

LoKe

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been advised by certain members of my chain of command to proceed with a memo to request a change of element despite not having the required 5 years of time after MOC training.  I'm wondering if someone has a copy of an example memo regarding this request.  I've done as much research as I seemingly can, and have a few memo templates, but anything that would be more specific to my reuqest would help, so I don't have to waste my CoC's time by having to correct and resubmit my memo.

Any help is appreciated!

Change of element?  You mean from a 291er wearing Naval DEU to a 291er wearing AF DEU?

So, according to your profile/posts, you have just over two years in the CF, but not the five years time after MOC training.  I would wonder why "certain members" of your CoC are advising you to ask for an element transfer.

Also, why did you not just continue with this thread?

I had settled on not putting a memo through, but I've been advised to put one through anyway and see what can be done. I was also told it would be good to have that in my pers file later.

As far as not using the other thread, that was my mistake. I thought the other thread was closed.

Your CoC is right, it can't hurt you to try having a definite answer to your request, specially if you have the support of the CoC, you never know how high your memo can go...

As for the memo, I believe there is not a standard format for a change of element, as long as your memo follows the regular format it shouldn't be an issue

LoKe:

Just taking a guess based on your "secret squirrel" tag - you probably are facing the same obstacles that I did requesting an Element Change.

In Dec 09 I submitted one. It was was endorsed all the way up my CoC - past our WO, past the Capt and went full-stop one rung above it.

Despite the support and concurrence with my reasons outlined in the memo, it was deemed too "anti-Navy" (whatever that means) and it still did not make it to the final recipient addressed in the memo - nor did I get it returned!

PM me and I will give you a soft-copy, you can make the modifications and try your luck.

Not to start any flame-wars again - but Vern's suggestion of using 728 forms are an excellent idea (for those of us employed as Comm Rsch).  However, use it sparingly!!!

BTW: there is precedence where mbrs with <5 years past QL5 qualified as substantive Cpls in their current trade were allowed.  I will give names if you need.  Also, better submit it ASAP before the Change of Command happens - little bird told me someone may be coming in with a pseudo-Navy , hard-core Purple trade attitude that may definitely squash your request.

Im not sure if this is known to you, when i did my ot about 2 years ago there was time in requirments, 3 weeks after the ot got denied due to these requirments, ottawa took the reqs away, due to retention issues....what a kick in the crotch.

Back