• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex PHOENIX RAM - Brigade Training Event 2005 (BTE 05) in Wainwright

PhilB

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im currently doing work up training with the reserve D&S plt of TF 1-06. We have been told that we are going on the BTE in Sept, but nobody I have talked with has any idea what the ex is all about. Anyone in the know have any more details on the BTE. If anyone does not want to post openly my email is pbialek@gmail.com. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

From my understanding the BTE is for the month of October instead of September. It will be our (2VP) conformation ex for high rediness to deploy. The ex will cover every aspect of mounted and dismounted ops.  :cdn:

Heathan said:
From my understanding the BTE is for the month of October instead of September. It will be our (2VP) conformation ex for high readiness to deploy. The ex will cover every aspect of mounted and dismounted ops.  :cdn:
To my knowledge the 1st and 3rd will be the main effort on the BTE.  We, 2 VP, will be the support battalion just like Prairie Ram 04. It's a pipe dream to think we are going anywhere anytime soon.  I wish it weren't true but...... :'(

3rd is high readiness for Aug 05, and will likely be the basis for the combat elm of PRT (as far as I can tell). 1st is the basis for TF 1-06, and 2d is Surge 06. BTE primary trg audience is TF 1-06, 2-06 (SQFT elms) and Surge 06. Dates for the ex are 7 Sep-31 Oct.

As for 2 VP not going anywhere soon: wait for it.

Acorn

Lots of educated troops here, do you realistically see many reservists on the next two roto's ?  Curiousity on your thoughts about how reservists should be training to get ready for deployments....

My personnel thoughts on that are that there are more then enough Reg force to deploy, however things never cease to amaze me.  Cross your fingers though.

I saw at a briefing once that we would have a whole 2 gun dets of reservists for rotos 3 & 4, also they will be attached to us for the work ups and our BTEs.

We (B SQN, LdSH) are tasked as support for the BTE as well.  The dates I was given in the OC's hour before I came home on block leave were 21 Sept-20 or 21 October but those may just be for our own involvement.  AS for 2 VP not going anywhere anytime soon,m don't feel like the lone ranger.  We're not on the sched until August of '07 and that was supposed to be with MGS which they now say we won't have until 2010.  THe 1 VP anti-armour boys (who are now with us) will probably go before we do.

On Tuesday 6 Sep, I will begin my journey west with 14 others to assist 1 Fd Amb in establishing the No Duff BMS.  TTBR 10 Sep 05.  With the expectation of approx. 5200 all ranks, civies and contractors participating in the BTE, I am sure the BMS will be a busy one.

I realize many of you will arrive later in Sep or Oct to be a part of it.  I look forward to seeing the "new" Wainwright maps/ranges that will include the villages and farms constructed from sea containers. 

Should you run across any of the six new Ford F-450 Super Heavy Ambs, don't hesitate to ask the occupants to see unique new age Role 3 Amb, unless of course it is busy ferrying patients around the prairie training ground (flashing lights and sirens would be your first clue).

Should your travels lead you to the No Duff BMS at Camp Wainwright just ask for the OC BMS/Gunner 98 and I will see that you get a warm cup of coffee or a kick in the butt, which ever the situation requires.

Happy Trails.    Summer/fall/winter awaits.

If you get near Bldg 152 - CMTC Ops - Just ask for the office of the Armd Recce Observers/Controllers and I will walk you down the hall and give YOU a cup of coffee.

Assuming i'm not in the field. ;D

Tom

Hi there.
Just a quick question, my unit asked me to go participate in this BTE in Wainwright, but had no infomation on it at all.
Whats this ex for anyways? Any info would be great.
Thanks.

-KaT

I suspect a lot of us will be in Wx Sep/Oct.  If you are around EXCON/HICON in the Tommy Prince Drill Hall, stop by and say Hi!

BTE is the Brigade Training Event.  It will run HQ 1 CMBG and 2 High Readiness Task Forces for 2006. Check out the LFWA DIN site for all the information you could ever want.  TF 1-06 will be validated up to Level 7 Battle Task Standards in a three block war scenario. 

What job are you volunteering for? 

It is a Brigade Training Event, or as we became accustomed to calling it "Best Time Ever" when things didn't go as we hoped.

It is were the Bde does its training, to include live fire, and the Confirmation Exercises for troops going on the next ROTO.

Good thread at: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/30477.0.html

A few excerpts from thread: 1st and 3rd PPCLI will be the main effort on the BTE.  2 VP, will be the support battalion just like Prairie Ram 04.

3rd is high readiness for Aug 05, and will likely be the basis for the combat elm of PRT (as far as I can tell). 1st is the basis for TF 1-06, and 2d is Surge 06. BTE primary trg audience is TF 1-06, 2-06 (SQFT elms) and Surge 06. Dates for the ex are 7 Sep-31 Oct.

Confirmation ex for high readiness to deploy. The ex will cover every aspect of mounted and dismounted ops.

Back