• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Explosions in Toronto

tree hugger

Reaction score
From the Star:

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/475696

Denison Armoury is being used as an area of refuge.

I just caught some of the coverage on CBC, the amatuer vid clip looks like some of the explosions we're higher that the buildings in the area several floors up.

Hope it's under control and everyones ok.

Feel bad for anyone stuck on the roads trying to navigate around T.O.

Snafu-Bar said:
Feel bad for anyone stuck on the roads trying to navigate around T.O.

I feel bad for anyone who was within a couple of blocks (or at the site) of the explosion and those who are displaced from their homes.

Stanley Green Park (one of the PMQ patches) would be in the evacuation area.  Hope they're all ok...

My cell phone is still on emergency use only.

i live right behind Yorkdale Mall which is just outside the evacuation zone and man was it a crazy night last night.  AT about 4:30 in the morning both my wife and i woke up from literally being shaken in our bed (the little rugrats didn't even get phased from their beds).  The sound was so loud i thought it was lighting right outside the window.  And for about half and hour all you could hear was boom...boom....boom.  Then i figured out it was probably gas tanks of some sort after ruling out other stuff.  In my dreams i thought i was in London during WWII getting bombed.  The smoke bloom ran at least 3-4 miles long and i could see flames from 2 miles away, above Yorkdale Mall.  The highway is closed so don't even bother getting across the north end of Toronto, check cp24.com for more details.  Turns out Superior Propane has some serious propane storage issues.  Somebody needs to go down hard for this.

I expect by Monday or Tuesday, Miller and McGuinty will get the stick out and propane will be banned in Moronto ;)

On my way in Denison to close up with the Battle Staff now....crap - was just getting into the Olympic Basketball game :crybaby:

recceguy said:
I expect by Monday or Tuesday, Miller and McGuinty will get the stick out and propane will be banned in Moronto ;)

Propane tank registry

Propane Tank Aquisition Certificate

Propane safety course

;D

CDN Aviator said:
Propane tank registry

Propane safety course

;D

BBQ's will be a thing of the past!

You will only be allowed to eat Vegatables, raw, that can not be cooked.

dileas

tess

Exchange program.....turn in your BBQ and get a free handgun.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Exchange program.....turn in your BBQ and get a free handgun.

Handguns are bad,

Don't you get up with the times??

We will get green bags, made from hemp, so that we can go down to city hall, which will become a farmers market.  There we can get Fruits and Vegetables grown using no pesticieds, purchased from California....

dileas

tess

this is crazy, I was not too far from area, felt like 500lb bomb being dropped ... crazy...

the 48th regulator said:
Handguns are bad,

But we can make hanguns by recycling the metal from the propane tanks.........

Think of the votes you can get from the enviro nuts !!

CDN Aviator said:
But we can make hanguns by recycling the metal from the propane tanks.........

Think of the votes you can get from the enviro nuts !!

Or use the recycled tanks to make affordable housing, and use the space of the Propane plant to be the first site for one of these communes.

dileas

tess

CDN Aviator said:
Propane tank registry

Propane safety course

Let's not forget....

When propane is outlawed, only outlaws will have propane...

Having been about 300-400m from the blast, living in Stanley Green Park.  I and my family are lucky to be alive, so all of you making fun of and joking about the 'propane ban' I find in extremely poor taste. I have never been so terrified in all my life.  My hands are still shaking and we litterally ran out with the clothes on our backs. My husband only in his underwear and no shoes.  I am still in my pj's, so why don't you save your snide remarks and wait to hear that everyone is safe. 
If it was you that was there, you would find NO humour in it.
Hope you have a better day than I have had.
Thank you all, Robin

Back