• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Eyesight

ackj

Inactive
Reaction score
My eyes are -3.75 and -4.50 what restrictions will I have if I join the military

It would be easier to figure out using your actual visual acuity, not your prescription, as has been repeatedly noted here and other places : http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31590/post-225087.html#msg225087

MM

It depends on the trade you're applying for. Each trade requires a minimum vision. My eyes were -5.75 and -6.00; I qualified for any level 4 or 5 trades. I applied for MP, and they require a minimum of level 3. They offered me positions in other trades but I want MP, so I opted to get corrective surgery. Now I am a level 1 :)

ambernewton04 said:
It depends on the trade you're applying for. Each trade requires a minimum vision. My eyes were -5.75 and -6.00; I qualified for any level 4 or 5 trades. I applied for MP, and they require a minimum of level 3. They offered me positions in other trades but I want MP, so I opted to get corrective surgery. Now I am a level 1 :)

No V5 trades - the Common Enrolment Medical Standard is V4...

MM

Back