• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Failed Medical - can I reapply?

Pliskin

Inactive
Reaction score
I went through the CFAT and passed for the combat trades with flying colors, which is all I really hoped to achieve. However, when I got to the medical, it seems everything checked out fine until the examiner found out that I'd been seeing a chiropractor for a few years, for my back.

My back had started hurting randomly one day, and I started seeing the chiro for a while, and everything was fine. Since being denied because of the medical, I stopped seeing her out of sheer determination to prove to myself that I wasn't actually having pain. And now, I feel next to no pain, even though I haven't seen the chiropractor in at least a few months.

So my question is, can I reapply and pass the medical, even though my "back problem" wasn't "cured?"

Doing anything is pointless until you've gotten what you had/have diagnosed.

Is there a way to get your medical records, so that you know what to tell the medical doc during the interview?

o_O519 said:
Is there a way to get your medical records, so that you know what to tell the medical doc during the interview?

Yep,

Ask your Doctor, they will usually charge you by the page.

Good Luck,

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Yep,

Ask your Doctor, they will usually charge you by the page.

Thank you, what if you dont have a family doctor? I dont think the hospital would help, would you be able to get this information from a walk inn clinic?

Although there are attempts in the works to create "master" medical records (e.g. the Ontario e-record fiasco), there is, as of yet and to the best of my knowledge, no such thing.  In other words, the only medical records that exist are those created by whomever has treated you.  Sometimes these records are passed between practitioners, but usually only at the request of the patient.  If you've never asked a previous facility to pass their records to a subsequent facility, you may well have to contact every place you've ever visited in order to get a complete record.

If you were treated at a hospital, you need to talk to the medical records section at that facility and formally request the records. 

MM

The reason I am asking is I am sure during my medical exam questions will be brought up about my medical past, and although one should know everything about them selves I would not like to provide false information or inaccurate information, does the cf obtain a report of your medical or is it basically they way they asses you and what you tell them?

I am not planning on lying  or miss leading them at all, I just don't want them to find out later something happened and I did no disclose it or maybe i will elaborate to much on something and make them look at a case more severe then it really is. any response will help, thanks again.

See the response above...however, your family doctor should have got a copy of the ER report.  Should being the operative word of course.

MM

Thank you for the responce however i think i will be more straight forward, I just did not want it to come across like I plan to lie or something.
anyways, what I am getting at is this. If I tell them I a 100% healthy never had a problem is that all there is to it, or are they going to end up pulling some file on me finding out  X  ?
Just trying to figure out if I need to research my past or

If you think you need to research something that wasn't explained to you or you can't remember what/why, then do it...better to ask, it's your right as a patient.

MM 

Back