• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favourite boots?

I

imacoy

Quick question (or poll if you will):

What are the favourite boots for wear in temperate conditions?
--U.S. Desert boot
--Mark 3 combats
--U.S. Jungle black
--U.S. Jungle green
--U.S. Matterhorn-style
--Other ____________

???????????

Call me old fashioned, but find the standard Canadian combat boot to be a good all around boot. Gore-tex is good, but not always, fleece lining is good, but not always, canvas sides and vent holes are good, but not always...

P.S. You can create a real poll by clicking the "Poll" button.

Ok, your old fashioned. :D

But i have to agree with you on that
the old combat boots were the best in wear &
tear.**** things were almost indestrucable (sp).
Canvas sides & venting always seen to lead to
foot damage by water,ie trench foot.
Even if you changed socks & kept dry.

Mark 3‘s with a vibram sole and a decent inner sole (and don‘t go cheap on either).

Mark 3‘s please,
Been wearing them as civy wear for over 4 years..
Even nicer when I get a good broken in set from surplus... I wear them year in and out...
Oh yes a good insole and plenty of spit and shine to help keep them dry too. I usually get about 2 years wear, pounding the streets, out of a good pair of Mark 3 - Cdn Combat boots.

My insulated (200g) Danner Acadias are the cat's-ass in fall/winter/spring, way better than the WWB... Wore them all through a backpacking trip to Europe, feet were dry and comfy  ;D

In the summer, Mk III's with superfeet insoles... oh yeah!

NormR said:
Mark 3's please,
Been wearing them as civy wear for over 4 years..
Even nicer when I get a good broken in set from surplus... I wear them year in and out...
Oh yes a good insole and plenty of spit and shine to help keep them dry too. I usually get about 2 years wear, pounding the streets, out of a good pair of Mark 3 - Cdn Combat boots.

2 years??? what do you do with em? use em as skis behind a car??

Ive had mine for over 4-5 years and theyre still in great shape... and yes i wear them regularly...

Mk III's are my boot of choice as well.... overall just a great piece of kit when worn properly..

Cpl Thompson

"When worn properly"...

Is there an improper way to wear them?  You have to forgive my lack of knowledge, but I have been out for awhile.  I assume you are referring to the new two sock system.  And does anyone have a pic of some Mark III's?  Are they the old combat boot that was in use when I was still in (some 11 years ago)?  If so, does anyone know where I can get a pair of surplus ones?

WINDWOLF said:
Ok, your old fashioned.   :D  

But i have to agree with you on that
the old combat boots were the best in wear &
tear.**** things were almost indestrucable (sp).
Canvas sides & venting always seen to lead to
foot damage by water,ie trench foot.
Even if you changed socks & kept dry.

Do you know what you're talking about?  That was the exact reason that the jungle boot was designed, to avoid immersion foot/trench foot type injuries by allowing the foot to breath and the boot to dry out quickly if it became wet.

Id have to say Magnum Storms, awesome boot, its like a running shoe with the protection of a combat boot and it has great ankle support

Matt - keep in mind Windbag was outed a poser POS - MarkC noted it and had a bunch of us sign up to add credibility to his "outage"

DannyBoy: Magnums are not a "protection of a combat boot" boot.  They are a light duty boot, I would not recommned them for a field boot for extended periods.

This thread is from January Kev. Danny, why do you just keep bringing up old old posts and putting one liners in them?

Depends on the situation

Urban and dry out- magnum, non waterproof
urban and wet- magnum waterproof
Field dry/dusty- danner desert boots
field and wet- danner recon boots
garrison- shined up Mk III's

mind you, the boots I havearent always what I use with the unit. typically, its the waterproof magnums and the Mk III's. if I had my way thats what I would wear in each situation.

My Boots

Garrison - MkIIIs
Field- warm weather - Jungle Boots
Field - wet/cold weather Danner Acadias 8" -200-gram Thinsulate Insulation

Yeah, the MKIII with good insoles; with the exception of my rapidly flattening arches, I've never had a problem.

Back