• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

First Post for Construction Engineers

SB86

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

I have just been offered a job as a construction engineer with the air force.  I am excited about this opportunity and I am also relieved that the whole application process is over with.  Now I know I may be getting ahead of myself but I was wondering if any construction engineers on here (or anyone else if they know the answer to this question) would know where my  first post would likely be?  I would really like to be on either coast but obviously they will put me where I am needed.  I am wondering where construction engineers are needed at the present moment?

SB86 said:
Hey,

I have just been offered a job as a construction engineer with the air force.  I am excited about this opportunity and I am also relieved that the whole application process is over with.  Now I know I may be getting ahead of myself but I was wondering if any construction engineers on here (or anyone else if they know the answer to this question) would know where my  first post would likely be?

No.

SB86 said:
  I would really like to be on either coast but obviously they will put me where I am needed.  I am wondering where construction engineers are needed at the present moment?

As you progress through your training, you will reach the point in your training where they will ask you to give three desired locations that you would like to be posted.  You may be lucky and get one of those three choices and be posted to one of the dozens of Bases in Canada. 

By the way; CE is a Purple Trade and you can be posted to ANY CF Base/Station/Installation/Unit, Army, Navy or Air Force.

SB86

As a junior CE Officer you can expect your first positng to be on an air/Navy base to look after base infra.  The only exception to this would be posting to 1ESU Moncton or CFSME.  Ottawa is another popular posting for CE Officer but you wouldn't go there until after promo to Capt. 

CE NCMs can be posted to any bases (Army, AF, Navy).  The only army base that a CE Officer can go to in Gagetown at CFSME.

Hope this answer your question.

SB86 said:
Hey,

I have just been offered a job as a construction engineer with the air force.  I am excited about this opportunity and I am also relieved that the whole application process is over with.  Now I know I may be getting ahead of myself but I was wondering if any construction engineers on here (or anyone else if they know the answer to this question) would know where my  first post would likely be?  I would really like to be on either coast but obviously they will put me where I am needed.  I am wondering where construction engineers are needed at the present moment?

Hey,
I was just wondering where you ended up being posted after your training was completed? Im assuming Gagetown after Saint-Jean... But I was wondering where you are posted now, or where else they have CE in demand. My boyfriend will be finishing his BMOQ next month, and I was wondering what are the most likely places he would get posted.

Thanks!

caocao said:
SB86

The only army base that a CE Officer can go to in Gagetown at CFSME.

Throughout their entire career? Or are you still talking about Junior Rank Officers?

As of right now my answer is still accurate but with the creation of the RP Ops Gp to look after real property services for DND this may change in the near future.

caocao said:
SB86

As a junior CE Officer you can expect your first positng to be on an air/Navy base to look after base infra.  The only exception to this would be posting to 1ESU Moncton or CFSME.  Ottawa is another popular posting for CE Officer but you wouldn't go there until after promo to Capt. 

CE NCMs can be posted to any bases (Army, AF, Navy).  The only army base that a CE Officer can go to in Gagetown at CFSME.

Hope this answer your question.

caocao said:
As of right now my answer is still accurate but with the creation of the RP Ops Gp to look after real property services for DND this may change in the near future.

And as things change 1 ESU is no longer in Moncton, they have moved to Kingston ....

Yes, missed that one 1 ESU in Kingston is a great posting for young Officers.

Back