• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Front page user poll

davidk

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if it's an inside joke or what, but the user poll on the front page always seems poorly phrased, and more to the point, rather silly. Take the current one, for example...

Should the army force people that join in to do some number of year as infantry then re muster

You may only select up to 2 options.

Yes

No

No disrespect to the site or anything, I think it's great, I'm just a bit confused.

David,

The front page poll is a randomly selected recent poll, as created by Army.ca users. Unfortunately, there's no way to enforce quality there. :) I've labelled it as "User Poll" to try to indicate this, but in the end, we're at the mercy of those creating polls.

Cheers
Mike

Plus, unless I'm missing something, I can never see the results..a tad pointless  :)

That's coming, but you're right: there's currently no way to actually go to the topic that contains the poll...

There's a golden one right now:

Is Canada at risk?

yes
no
possibly

I'm going to say yes, because who knows when the monkeys will take over.  ;)

1132.gif

EDIT

I found where this poll is from, now it seems to make more sense. The poll isn't exactly able to stand byitelf. I still stand by my security assessment though.

You're assmuming they haven't already...!

Back