• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Historic Picture

N

Nell

I have in my possession a photograph that belonged to my late Dad taken at Camp Valcartier in the sumer of 1956. It is unique in that the subjects are RSMs of five different regiments as well as a Brigade SM (Ret). They are J. Richie RSM Victoria Rifles; T. Turley RSM Black Watch (RHR); G. Fogarty RSM Canadian Grenadier Guards; H. D'All RSM Royal Montreal Regiment; W. Cunningham RSM Service Corps & R. Diplock Brigade Sergeant Major (Ret). It occured to me that if anyone on this site were related to any of these gentlemen, they might like a copy. The picture and an accompanying plaque were mounted on a board and presented to the RMR in Dad' memory; their intention was to display it in the Sergeants' Mess, although I do not know if this was ever done.
Helen D'All

hey thats cool. my great grandpa was the rsm of the service corp during the 2nd world war

i also have a picture that was taken off of a German POW. it is a picture off the German forces camped out at the vimy monorial during the 2nd world war

-Hutch- said:
hey thats cool. my great grandpa was the rsm of the service corp during the 2nd world war

i also have a picture that was taken off of a German POW. it is a picture off the German forces camped out at the vimy monorial during the 2nd world war

I'd love to see that.  I have a photo in a magazine of Hitler touring the Vimy memorial in 1940.

Hi,
you don't need a scanner to see it .......... it is already scanned. If you like I can send you a copy as an attachment.
Helen

The pictures have now been uploaded to the "General" photo section
Helem

i was talking about the picture of the germans at vimy ridge in the 2nd world war that was taken from a german pow. i cant display it becouse i dont have a scanner.

Back