• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How A Medal Was Won????

FGH_Recce_DJ

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a Military Cross my great grandfather won as well as the certificate to go with it, what i don't have is the dispatch info on how he won the medal, if anyone has any idea on how i can obtain this info i would appreciate it greatly, just post it here or send me a private message. Thanks in advance for your help Cheers!!! :cdn: :salute:

FGH_Recce_DJ said:
Hey guys i have a Military Cross my great grandfather won as well as the certificate to go with it, what i don't have is the dispatch info on how he won the medal, if anyone has any idea on how i can obtain this info i would appreciate it greatly, just post it here or send me a private message. Thanks in advance for your help Cheers!!! :cdn: :salute:

Here's a good place to start:  http://www.lac-bac.gc.ca/05/0518/051806/0518062011_e.html

There's a book, the exact title escapes me, but it's something like Canadian Military Cross it has the Canada Gazette entries for ever MC awardee untill the decoration was no longer awarded to Canadians. My Gt Grandfather's award is in there, but I didn't buy a copy of the book.

If I can find more detailed reference I'll post it. I found the book in Toronto in the mid-90s, so it may still be in print.

Acorn

Here's one to hunt for:

The Military Cross. Awarded to Members of The Canadian Expeditionary Force 1915-1921. With Full Citations. Compiled by: David K.
Riddle, Donald G. Mitchell.

FGH_Recce_DJ said:

If it was in WW II, there is a CD ROM available from www.servicepub.com that has every MC award documentation listed.

Back