• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How do postings work?

murrdawg

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering how postings work... I know there's MMO slots, and based on where you are, determines basically when you get your pick of location. If you're closer to the top of the list, you probably get preference #1, but if you are at the bottom, you might get preference 3, or none at all...

But as for the actual picking..... Does it list only job titles, or their locations as well? My fiancée and I are hoping that we can pick a job based on geographical location...

There are numerous things that the CM will look at before posting someone.  The least of which is your personal preferences.  Depending on your trade can have an impact.  For instance, if you are a hard navy trade, well you are only going one of two places.  But if you are a purple trade, IE: clerk, cook, etc.  you can go anywhere.  Then you CM will look at where you are, where you have been, your rank, if there are openings for your rank and trade in other bases.  If you are going to be promoted soon.  And on and on and on.  So don't bank on the 3 posting preferences you have on your MPRR to carry a lot of weight with the CM.
He will look at it, and he may try, but at the end of the day you go where needed by the CF not by what you want. 

I'm CELE.... I've heard looking at EMAA for ideas as to where I could be going is useless.... Truth or myth?

murrdawg said:
I'm CELE.... I've heard looking at EMAA for ideas as to where I could be going is useless.... Truth or myth?

When you are signed into EMAA, click on the My Career link on the left hand side.  A new window will open from DGMC which has the APS openings, posting details, etc.  When searching the APS openings, you can search by all openings, all positions and vacancies by the year.

murrdawg said:

I wouldn't say its useless, as it would at the very least give you an idea of where there are positions that you could potentially fill.  Now whether or not the data indicating when that position will be available is accurate I cannot comment on.

Back