• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long is Medic training in Borden and in B.C.!!!

Air Force Medic

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, I have a simple question hope someone here knows the answer.  I have heard the medic course in Borden is 16 weeks and the second part in B.C. is either 2 weeks or 13 weeks. Which is correct, what is the length of time. Are married pers allowed to work out something out so they can spend some time with spouse, BMQ, SQ, then however long trade training is ....that's a long time to be apart.  Thanks in advance if anyone can help with some answers.

Its long, bloody long.

13 weeks sounds about right.

You may get some leave between courses and maybe 2 weeks at Christmas, if the timing works out, but don't expect anything.

For second year of the PA course the students go away for weeks at a time and may only see thier family one or two days at a time for a year.

During my 9 month QL 3 course (Sept 95-May 96) I saw my wife at Christmas for 2 weeks and Easter for 4 days.

WOW, that is a long time to be apart!  So am I correct then in saying the first part of trade training is 16 weeks in Borden and then the second part is 13 weeks in B.C. I'm sorry if I sound redundant, it's just I am still trying to be very clear about it.

I don't know off the top of my head, but I have a couple FNGs working for me who have just been in the unit for a month.

I'll let you know later.

Back