• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IAP/BOTP in Esquimalt Summer '08

k_murphy

Inactive
Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone else will be heading to BOTC this April at Venture.

I'll be there..on the french course.  I think we are about 10 persons on the course.

I was just about to start a thread about this!  But yes, I too will be heading there.  The question I have though (and it seems this way by Mainz's post), is the BMOQ a regular occurrence in Esquimalt?  A lot of my recruiters seemed surprised by it being there.  And can anyone say if it differs drastically from the course held in St. Jean?  I looked on here a bit, but I couldn't find anything specific to Esquimalt BMOQ...

Naval Reserve BOTC takes place every summer at Venture. A few years ago it achieved equivalent status to the reg force course, though not sure if that is still the case. People like to say it's "easier" than St Jean, but I know someone who did it at both locations and he said it was the same in terms of difficulty. Lots of rumour however that last year's course was a bit of a joke. Heard yesterday a large number of St Jean instructors are running the Venture course this year. Fantastic location to do the course, I know that much.

I was wondering if anyone had the posting info for the IAP/BOTP course for the Naval Reserve being given from Apr 26th to August. (for a friend)

Thanks

I receive my papers this week-end. Note that these info are for the french course, but i figure it should be the same for the english folks.

IAP from april 28 to june 13
BOTP from june 16 to july 18 (there's another BOTP platoon for those who already have their IAP from june 4 to july 14)
NETPO for the MARS officers from july 18 to august 26
the other course for non-MARS officers from july 18 to july 28

Note : these dates are roughly estimated since, for now, we have to guess by the last year posting message.

The may 22 day off isn't guaranteed while the june 30 and july first are guaranteed by the law.

One week to go!

See everyone there who is going, it should be good times!

:)

Ayesailoboat said:
I will be there too, I can't wait I have never seen the west coast.

The people you replied to have long since moved on......last post was a year ago.

Back