• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Information request on new NATO Medals/Clasps!

Grunt_031

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
I was wonder if anyone has information on the new medals/clasps for the NATO missions in Darfur and Comoros. I know that there are clasps but which medal and ribbon do they go with. Any info or pictures would be great.

Would you have "Op" names for those tours? I cant find anything listed under any of the official sources.

Here is a link to all the current CF operations around the world, found on the CF/DND website as of 28 Feb 2007, no mention of Darfur or Comoros:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/operations/current_ops_e.asp

Grunt_031 said:
I was wonder if anyone has information on the new medals/clasps for the NATO missions in Darfur and Comoros. I know that there are clasps but which medal and ribbon do they go with. Any info or pictures would be great.

With regard to Darfur, If the member was on OP Safari (part 2) then he/she was probably awarded the UNMIS medal.  This medal has not been authorized for wear yet, but members can accept it in anticipation of it being recognized in the not too distant future.  If the member was not on OP Safari (part 2) then appropriate mission specific recognition is in the works. 

Regardless of the mission specific medal to be awarded pers serving on UNMIS (OP Safari) and the African Union's Darfur Integrated Task Force (DITF) OP Augural are immediately entitled to the Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal (CPSM).

What, where or who is Comoros?... Inquiring minds want to know.  ;D

I hope that answers your question,

Union of the Comoros is an African State located in the Indian Ocean.

Uhhh.... from the site where you said there wasn't anything.......

CF Operations in Sudan

OP SAFARI
United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS)

OP AUGURAL
Darfur: Western Sudan (African Union)

International Military Advisory Training Team (IMATT)
OP SCULPTURE
Sierra Leone

Back