• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IR Postings [Merged]

Tewkster

Inactive
Reaction score
What are the regulations for an IR posting.  A friend of mine is moving from Trenton to Borden, but his wife is talking about staying in Trenton.  He will take an IR posting but will he still receive the same benefits compared to moving his family?

Tewkster said:
What are the regulations for an IR posting.  A friend of mine is moving from Trenton to Borden, but his wife is talking about staying in Trenton.  He will take an IR posting but will he still receive the same benefits compared to moving his family?

What do you mean by benefits?

Max

On an IR posting, the army will move you but the family stays "home".  That means you are not entitled to a "move" per se but you will be entitled to a certain allowance that comes to about $370 a month provided you are living in the shacks at your current posting and that you do not return home for extended periods of time on course.  If shacks are not available to you in your new home, then there is a provision to allow you to find a suitable residence (up to a certain amount) and they will pay for meals, cable, phone, etc.. I believe.  By the way, if you live in the shacks they will pay for food at the kitchen.

I am currently IR in Quebec and I live in the single shacks and eat at the mess hall.  I have no way of bringing my family up to visit as I have no room.  I can't wait for them to decide to let me move out!!

Tewkster said:
Posting allowance, moving expenses, etc...
Yes, sort of. You will get 1/2 Posting Allowance and travel expenses and the sort.

In order to have clear and concise info, your friend should contact CFIRP or review their policy.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/dgcb/dcba/engraph/CF_Integrated_Relocation_Program0607_e.asp?sidesection=2&sidecat=99

Even more important for him to consult CFIRP, or his Claims Section, is that no pers on IR are in SQ in Borden, not enough accomodation. Rather they are all on High Rate Sep Exp which his CLaims Section could likely provide him.

In either case he MUST speak to CFIRP if he wants to have actual data rather then anonymous forum feedback.

The librarian.... she lives!!!! I sent you a PM.. ever get it?

As for the SQ situation.. Valcartier is going that way too.. bi\g meeting tomorrow.  I can't wait for a house when I get back from A'stan.

Bzzliteyr said:
The librarian.... she lives!!!! I sent you a PM.. ever get it?

Yes, she lives on IR at the high-rate...

and is on her ILQ...

and can not access DIN...

and can not answer you...

and has a career manager who is here on his CQ...

she will be remaining on IR.  :mad:

Situation
A soldier is posted to a CF Det on an IR and has to live on the economy because the Det has no quarters available. He has been told that because he is "living out" his seperation allowance will not be paid, and only his apartment rental and groceries. He will also be entitiled to the regular LTA entitlements.
Does this sound right?

combatbuddha said:
Situation
A soldier is posted to a CF Det on an IR and has to live on the economy because the Det has no quarters available. He has been told that because he is "living out" his seperation allowance will not be paid, and only his apartment rental and groceries. He will also be entitiled to the regular LTA entitlements.
Does this sound right?

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but considering that IR rates are called the following:

High Rate Commercial SE (Seperation expense) ($22.95 per day less 2 days per month in lieu of annual leave - no receipts required);
Low Rate Non-Commercial SE (Seperation expense) ($11.98/day less 2 days per month in lieu of annual leave - no receipts required).

You should reconsult your source.

On top of the $22.95 / day that he will receive to buy groceries with and as a cost of his seperation, he can claim rent, utilities (phone, heat, hydro, cable etc) up to the max ceiling limit established for the location to where he is located on his IR.

For me, my max ceiling for rent, utilities is $1080.00 / month. I moved into a fully furnished apartment, had the landlord install high-speed internet, digital cable, and phone and include it all within my rent. I pay 1000.00 per month ... no utilities ... nothing. I write him a cheque, he gives me a receipt, I hand it in to the OR and they cut me a cheque to reimburse me the 1000.00 bucks (you can claim this in advance also) and they also cut the cheque for that $22.95/day less the 2 days/month for leave.

If I did not pay for my utilities inclusive as I do, I would still be entitled to claim the costs of them along with my rent up to the $1080.00 ceiling limit.
IE ... If my rent were 800.00, I could also hand in my utility bills and would be reimbursed their costs up to $280.00.

Vern

My situation:

I am currently posted IR to a CF Det and am required to live on the economy because there are not any singles quarters (or bases actually) in the province where I am situated.

As such, I collect the HIGH RATE of IR being in commercial lodgings (Hotel or apartment etc). Those that live in CF housing receive the LOW RATE of IR.

Details of entitlements can be found here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/64601/post-595296.html#msg595296

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/64601/post-595970.html#msg595970

Crap...Edited to change this
On top of the $22.95 / month
to this:
On top of the $22.95 / day
Imagine that!!   :eek:

That is the info I am looking for, as a friend of mine is being told different from the Det he is posted to.
The information I got is from him.
Thanks

combatbuddha said:
That is the info I am looking for, as a friend of mine is being told different from the Det he is posted to.
The information I got is from him.
Thanks

Does s/he happen to be a 911er posted to a Det in the east??  >:D

combatbuddha said:
No, a EME guy posted to Southern Ontario

Bummer.  :-[

;D

Next time I access the DIN (it'll be a couple of weeks I think), I'll send you the electronic version of the applicable IR regs.

CBI 209.997 would be a good starting point.

If he's being told "it's policy" then he should respond with "show me the regulation". A policy is only as strong as the regulation it's built from, and no policy can stand without a regulation to reinforce it.

***Edited for spelling.***

Am not at work and a bit vague on the latest policies pertaining to IR. However if I recall correctly a CANFORGEN (either 06 or 07) was released detailing all the inherent changes. To that extent CBI 209.997 was to be rescinded in lieu of the CANFORGEN. I use the past tense as "I think" a follow up message was issued effectively delaying the implemenation.

All that to say that CANFORGEN's were released on this issue and should consulted to determine the applicable interpretation of policy. Time permitting I will re-look at this issue to ensure I myself and aware of all changes in place.

I've got an email at work from DCBA that my Chief Clerk sent up to clarify my entitlements after those CANFORGENs last fall. The utilities, rent, etc are all confirmed within it.

I can't Section 33 my own, but I do Section 33 all the other IR claims our Det looks after each month.

Vern:  I suspect you apply section 34 of the FAA vice section 33.

Section 32:  Funds available
Section 34:  Everything's hunky-dory
Section 33:  Release the funds

dapaterson said:
Vern:  I suspect you apply section 34 of the FAA vice section 33.

Section 32:  Funds available
Section 34:  Everything's hunky-dory
Section 33:  Release the funds

Nope, I'm a Section 33 girl ... it goes with the job ... I love to hate my budget ...  :-\

Back