• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US, NATO Outta Afghanistan 2021

this-is-fine.jpg

New report from SIGAR (Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction) as to the reasons behind the Afghan collapse.

Task and Purpose Article

The report itself

🍻

Meh. I blame Ghani and Khan and the rest of them for taking the Qatari bribes and hanging their forces out to dry (in some cases actually ordering them to out their weapons down).

It’s almost laughable if it weren’t so sad that people were somehow surprised by a decade-old departure implementation plan. In fairness to some, people only knew it was coming for 1/10th of a century…

Terry Glavin’s latest newsletter talks about the lies behind the justification of the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

An American officer struggles with the guilt of those he left behind.

I have read part of this and I feel outraged at the callous and very fucking horrible way WE - CANADA - treated our Afghan allies. I still get pissed every time I think of this. THEY - the Afghans - risked there very lives to ensure our soldiers were well served.

FUCKING COWARDS we are.

I have read part of this and I feel outraged at the callous and very fucking horrible way WE - CANADA - treated our Afghan allies. I still get pissed every time I think of this. THEY - the Afghans - risked there very lives to ensure our soldiers were well served.

FUCKING COWARDS we are.
It’s a crap show, OldSolduer!

A good friend of mine, an Afghan who served Canada for almost a decade, received nothing but phuquery from the Canadian bureaucracy at IRCC. Even had an IRCC employ suggest to him to return to Afghanistan to re-apply for immigration to Canada…AFTER the fall to the Taliban. Sheer incompetence in the bureaucracy and a complete lack of meaningful concern from the Government.

My friend and his family recently received permission from America to immigrate.

Canada needs to hang its head deeply in shame… 😡

My supervisor at the shipyards is trying hard to get her family out of Afghanistan and here to Canada, fingers crossed for her.
I wish her family the best, but won’t be surprised if she finds herself up against incompetence and indifference. Sadly the attitude of those in government at many levels is ‘Afghanistan is so yesteryear…’

I wish her family the best, but won’t be surprised if she finds herself up against incompetence and indifference. Sadly the attitude of those in government at many levels is ‘Afghanistan is so yesteryear…’
Yet it’s amazing we can fly others out seemingly at will.
It really pissed me off when Global Affairs bragged they got embassy staff out, assholes

Congratulations, President Biden. Congratulations, President Trump. Congratulations, hippies. You got what you wanted.

General Chip sends...

Some reflections on the pullout of #afghanistan 2 years after Op PITTING.

I have always come from a #CT perspective: the strategic aim was to prevent a catastrophic attack on US/U.K./NATO homeland and that Afghanistan was not to be a safe haven. Has that been achieved?

Yes.

Are we less safe now than 2 years ago?

No

Have we allowed an odious regime to take over and caveat #human rights, health care and womens rights?

Yes.

IS-K are still active but their networks are under pressure from the #taliban and are a regional threat.

Back