• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US, NATO Outta Afghanistan 2021

Some of Britain's best friends are terrorists.

Nkrumah, Kenyatta, Makarios, (OK terrorists may be a little harsh for some of them - but dead civilians and soldiers accompanied their rise).
Always a "Yes Minister" quote out there ...
Bernard: And as you know the letters JB are the highest honour in the Commonwealth.

Hacker: JB?

Sir Humphrey: Jailed by the British. Gandhi, Nkrumah, Makarios, Ben Gurion, Kenyatta, Nehru, Mugabe, the list of world leaders is endless ...

I wonder what the minister's pension plan looks like.

Interesting speculation in Russian state media (links to archived version of article to avoid connecting to RUS servers) ....
Afghan political leaders who oppose the Taliban (outlawed in Russia) will soon create a council to support resistance forces, Afghan Ambassador to Tajikistan Mohammad Zahir Aghbar told a press conference on Wednesday.

"Political leaders of Afghanistan, including Marshal [Abdul Rashid] Dostum, will soon create the council supporting the National Resistance Front," the Afghan diplomat said. The envoy earlier said that he represents in Tajikistan "Afghanistan and Amrullah Saleh who serves as acting head of the state." ...

Classy (Indian media)....
The Taliban have postponed their decision to inaugurate their newly-appointed interim government of Afghanistan, which was announced on September 7, on September 11 – the 20th anniversary of terrorist attacks in the US, sources told CNN-News18.

The insurgent group is under tremendous pressure from its allies, they said.

A Taliban source told CNN News18: “We have postponed the ceremony to unknown time and date."

The acquiescence comes hours after Russia told the Doha peace negotiation team that it will not participate in the inauguration event if it is held on the 9/11 anniversary ...

Karzai still around - for now, anyway ...
Former President Hamid Karzai met Qatari Foreign Minister, Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani on Sunday, discussing the current situation of Afghanistan.

Chairman of the high council for national reconciliation, Abdullah Abdullah was also present in the meeting ...
Is it just me hearing a clock ticking on that guy?

Let the games commence!

Qatar foreign minister in Afghanistan in first high-level visit​

Qatar Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani is the highest-level foreign official to visit Afghanistan since the Taliban took power.

Qatar’s Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani has visited Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul and met Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund, the acting Prime Minister in the Taliban’s new government.

He also met on Sunday with former President Hamid Karzai as well as Abdullah Abdullah, the head of the National Reconciliation Council as he encouraged Afghan parties and groups to engage in national reconciliation.

Karzai still around - for now, anyway ...

Is it just me hearing a clock ticking on that guy?

I think the word I would use is "canny",

canny in British English​

(ˈkænɪ)
ADJECTIVE Word forms: -nier or -niest

shrewd, esp in business; astute or wary; knowing

2. Scottish and Northeast England dialect
good or nice: used as a general term of approval

3. Scottish
lucky or fortunate

And a canny lass is not a nice one because she's a good looking one. She's a nice one, a good catch, because she's shrewd, thrifty, frugal, lucky, manages the tin well down at the market.

Karzai is canny.

Attachments

• 241407470_10166046174455790_3687534529660947092_n.jpg
    241407470_10166046174455790_3687534529660947092_n.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 15
There's a CNN program on tonight with Jake Tapper interviewing a few of the US generals who commanded in Afghanistan.

I think it was on at 8 and will be again at midnight EDT. (Maybe at other times this week.

🍻

Back