• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US, NATO Outta Afghanistan 2021

Multiple US service members killed in Kabul airport attack​

Sad.

I find blaming the attacks on ISIS far to convenient, I suspect the Taliban using it as a way to ensure the US does not stay.
ISIS-K is Al-Q, despite Taliban 2.0 claims - they are buddies both armed and trained by the ISI (Pakistan) - and many members of one are members of the other.

Taliban have had multiple checkpoints - searching everyone coming in -- but VBIED's, Armed attackers got in "accidentally" and only managed to kill US Troops, US Civilians and Afghans supporting the US Forces -- this is something only Joe Biden could believe wasn't an act of the Taliban...

The only reason ISIS-K exists is to make the Taliban 2.0 look moderate.

ISIS-K is Al-Q, despite Taliban 2.0 claims - they are buddies both armed and trained by the ISI (Pakistan) - and many members of one are members of the other.

Taliban have had multiple checkpoints - searching everyone coming in -- but VBIED's, Armed attackers got in "accidentally" and only managed to kill US Troops, US Civilians and Afghans supporting the US Forces -- this is something only Joe Biden could believe wasn't an act of the Taliban...

Haganah-Palmach-Irgun-Lehi.

Sinn Fein-IRA-Provos

Hearing reports of 12 US KIA and 52 wounded. That’s one hell of a suicide vest.

Is it wrong that I think a 15MT or so device targeted on Islamabad might be a good response?
Perhaps an overreaction - but I'm in favor of using thermobarics all the way from Kabul to Islamabad - make a glass road - then conduction summary execution of all ISI personnel involved in pro TB/ISIS-K operations.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I think a 15MT or so device targeted on Islamabad might be a good response?
If only we had programmed in self-destruct ‘God code’ into the CANDU reactors we built for Pakistan…. 🤔

Seriously, we know ISI has been training these guys, and ignore their training camps except when the odd commander goes rouge and attacks the ISI. Why did we not hit Pakistan? Yes I am aware they have nukes, but I am sure we also have more ability to neutralize the threat they pose, I am sure western intelligence knows exactly where all their weapons are.

If only we had programmed in self-destruct ‘God code’ into the CANDU reactors we built for Pakistan…. 🤔
I think we may have some folks who could do that with a green light.
I mean Iranian missiles can blow up 'accidentally' why not a power plant.
Seriously, we know ISI has been training these guys, and ignore their training camps except when the odd commander goes rouge and attacks the ISI. Why did we not hit Pakistan? Yes I am aware they have nukes, but I am sure we also have more ability to neutralize the threat they pose, I am sure western intelligence knows exactly where all their weapons are.
The issue is less with Pakistan as an entity - but the ISI, and the faction of it that is probably the worst state sponsored terror actor that everyone wants to ignore.

"De-Nuking" Pakistan would be a problem - I am reasonably sure the capability exists - but it won't be pretty or precise. As while the sites can be neutralized 'easy enough' the forces to do that would require a large security force - and there would be some significant clashes with the Pakistani Army - that would be messy.

They are close to becoming a rogue nation and a failed state.

They are close to becoming a rogue nation and a failed state.
Failed state with nukes that is inside china's pocket. We really need to stop ignoring root causes. I can only speculate how different the last 20 years might of been if we took the ISI out of the picture, covertly of course.

Technically the Taliban Leadership are Deobandists and the ISIS Leadership is Jihadi-Salafi Islam, so they have ideology differences. Deobandists have more or less adopted Whabbism, whereas Jihadi-Salafi sort of rejects Whabbism as to moderate. The rank and file likley just go with who pays better, wins more and has the best weapons.

Technically the Taliban Leadership are Deobandists and the ISIS Leadership is Jihadi-Salafi Islam, so they have ideology differences. Deobandists have more or less adopted Whabbism, whereas Jihadi-Salafi sort of rejects Whabbism as to moderate. The rank and file likley just go with who pays better, wins more and has the best weapons.
That 15 MT bomb sounds like a good start.

Closing this mission down and entrusting the Taliban to secure the outer perimeter of the airport seems like such a ridiculous plan by the politicians and planners it seems as if they essentially doomed this thing before it even got started. We've had a lot of soldiers over there who told us over and over that the ANA would fail, we should have at least had some kind of contingency plan if that happened quicker than we thought - or perhaps we should have never left behind an Army that we knew would at best maybe last a couple months or a year? Fast forward and we have one airport surrounded by Taliban to get everyone out...What were they thinking that lead us to this... If as Canadians we try to push the blame entirely on Biden / USA, how can we ignore that our politicians essentially did nothing to get our people out in time... How did we not see this coming?

It seems as if with the Taliban controlling the city, there was basically no avoiding this attack, the Taliban let all the ISIS guys out of jail as soon as they rolled in, what did we think was going to happen? I would think under normal times this would be an an act of war and breach of the first part of the peace agreement made with them "Guarantees and enforcement mechanisms that will prevent the use of the soil of Afghanistan by any group or individual against the security of the United States and its allies".

As concerning this entire thing is, my hat off to all those that are the ground right now trying to deal with this BS and get as many people out as possible despite all that has happened, godspeed and hopefully no more casualties.

Last edited:

Death toll even high now, why in the hell did we trust the taliban with security, of course they will fuck us over

Closing this mission down and entrusting the Taliban to secure the outer perimeter of the airport seems like such a ridiculous plan by the politicians and planners it seems as if they essentially doomed this thing before it even got started. We've had a lot of soldiers over there who told us over and over that the ANA would fail, we should have at least had some kind of contingency plan if that happened quicker than we thought - or perhaps we should have never left behind an Army that we knew would at best maybe last a couple months or a year? Fast forward and we have one airport surrounded by Taliban to get everyone out...What were they thinking that lead us to this... If as Canadians we try to push the blame entirely on Biden / USA, how can we ignore that our politicians essentially did nothing to get our people out in time... How did we not see this coming?

It seems as if with the Taliban controlling the city, there was basically no avoiding this attack, the Taliban let all the ISIS guys out of jail as soon as they rolled in, what did we think was going to happen? I would think under normal times this would be an an act of war and breach of the first part of the peace agreement made with them "Guarantees and enforcement mechanisms that will prevent the use of the soil of Afghanistan by any group or individual against the security of the United States and its allies".

As concerning this entire thing is, my hat off to all those that are the ground right now trying to deal with this BS and get as many people out as possible despite all that has happened, godspeed and hopefully no more casualties.
Those politicians were fed inaccurate information to make those horrible decisions from who ?

The military and NATO isn't Scott free on this.

The authors whose "this is going well, actually" pieces were published yesterday and today have early leads in the Bad Timing Awards.

Death toll even high now, why in the hell did we trust the taliban with security, of course they will fuck us over
We didn't have a choice. The Taliban were in the city long before they made their presence known, and had the initiative on their own terms when our "Oh shit, we should probably get our people out of there" light bulb went off.

Dozens of NATO aircraft flying in to evacuate folks, and massive crowds rushing the tarmac posing a threat to aircraft taxiing and taking off.

At the time, having the Taliban hold the crowds back & control the flow into the airport via specific access points was extremely helpful. It was either that, or we engage each other at a time when NATO troops were still rushing over to assist. Very much the lesser of two evils, and the events of today aren't surprising to any of us. (Ugly situation all around)

We didn't have a choice. The Taliban were in the city long before they made their presence known, and had the initiative on their own terms when our "Oh shit, we should probably get our people out of there" light bulb went off.

Dozens of NATO aircraft flying in to evacuate folks, and massive crowds rushing the tarmac posing a threat to aircraft taxiing and taking off.

At the time, having the Taliban hold the crowds back & control the flow into the airport via specific access points was extremely helpful. It was either that, or we engage each other at a time when NATO troops were still rushing over to assist. Very much the lesser of two evils, and the events of today aren't surprising to any of us. (Ugly situation all around)
Absolutely, there was no clean way out of this, that said in hind sight a larger security perimeter might of helped but being down town Kabul makes that near impossible. The fact this attack didn't happen till now is a miracle but it does make me wonder why now when we will be gone in only 4 days.

Back