• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Language courses available in Kingston?

andrewkw08

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Ive researched around and have not come up with many answers. Hoping to grab a few. Im doing 00120 Comm Research. Of course my trade well be much easier with other languages.

Questions: Are there any available language courses that can be taken in Kingston or Borden. Looking for French, Arabic, Farsi

Thanks

I'm sure Queens U offers a great variety of language classes... 

Max

andrewkw08 said:
Looking for Arabic, Farsi

Good luck if you want to learn those! Apparently Pashtu and Dari are even worse to try to decipher, if you've never been exposed to them before. Speaking with some of your future coworkers who have language skills, it takes about 2.5 years of training to work alone as a linguist in Pashtu.

If you're keen on picking some up in your spare time, and have some money to burn, I highly recommend Rosetta Stone series for languages. They are pretty pricey though.

I was looking forward to doing the same prior to my ql3...but from what we are being told such languages will or should be available only in Ottawa, once you get there. Once done with 3s expect to be tested for linguistic skills and based on that apptitude test for multiple languages one will be guided in the right direction. french is always available for us in kingston.

ok, good luck.

Just to clearify a thing. As a 291er once your are done with your ql3 phase I which is 7 weeks and have completed sq you will be given a list of EWATs by your ql3 staff at CFSCE while waiting for your security clearance to go through in order to continue on with your up class of ql3. Among few options SLT second language training is an option which is tought at language school in CFB Kingston short distance from your barracks. A lot of my class mates have chosen this with an ultimate plan to get their french profile before they continue on with ql3 which is generally 9mnths-1.5 yrs. wait. I chose to take an EWAT in my home town. This is a very popular and very valuable training and is excusively available only for 291ers(or at least havent met anyother cfcse trade persons their yet) and classmates say that there are a lot of officers there as well. As far as other exotic languages you will have to wait until you get shipted to CFS Leitrim, many of us have asked to be tested for them or possibly to get on the training but that is not available this early in our careers. even if you are fluent and only need testing. when is your course?

Back