• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Policy – Christmas / Holidays [Merged]

SEB123

Inactive
Reaction score
I'll be on basic on Christmas day And I want to know how many days off I Will have

The standard practice is 2 weeks block leave, with weekends it works out to be 16 or 17 days.  It's like that everywhere I've ever been.

Cheers

Howdy... does anyone know when Christmas leave is, if there is an actual Christmas leave? If so what are the dates? And also, if you are doing your BMQ or SQ and it runs through Christmas time, does it stop for the holidays and then continue afterwards? I must know as my family is planning a trip for Christmas break and would like to know if I'll be able to tag along. Any info would be much appreciated.  :salute:

:cdn:

Christmas leave (for 2 VP at least), is usually from around 12-13 Dec until the 5th or 6th 0f Jan of the following year.
I cant imagine courses running through the holidays....although, stranger things have happened.

EDIT: Anyone at the the schools have any info?

Hey everyone,
this is Angel...Forest Gumps wife. My hubby has just left this past Saturday for Basic and was told that he would be getting 2 weeks off for Christmas, I was just wondering though if his break will fall during his next training period or if they will hold off on the training and start it when they're back from Christmas break...if anyone has any idea, can you please let me know,
                                                                                Thanks,
                                                                                    Angel

I will be starting IAP/BOTP Sept 12th and if everything goes well will be graduating Dec 16th.  My question is do we get time off for Christmas and if so how long before I will report back to St Jean for SLT???

Another question, I read that as a member of the CF you are entitled to one paid visit(airfare) a year to go see next of kin.  If we have a break at Christmas could I use this policy to get a return ticket home(where my parents live) or would I have to pay for a plane ticket out of my pocket to go home for Christmas???

Thanks

Yes, you will get Christmas off. Courses starting in the new year may start as early as the 3rd or 4th of Jan. (1 Jan 06 is a Sunday, so Monday is the designated holiday, Tuesday could be your travel day and course start Wed 4 Jan. (Unless, of course, the school has a very tight schedule and you may start a day or two earlier.))

See CFAO 16-1 -- LEAVE for general information on management of leave, statutory holidays, etc.

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/cfao/016-01_e.asp

what regiment is he going to.If its RCR he will start his sq a few days after basic according to the battle school

??? Hi. I'm wondering the same thing about the 2 week break over christmas.  My boyfriend just left on Saturday for basic in Borden.  He's infantry, 2platoon Bcompany..  I'm also wondering about the break. Is it a for sure thing that i can go see him for a few days, half way through his course???  Is it possible that he will do his SQ in the same place he will be posted??  And how often will we get to talk while hes away? This is so hard. I just hope that when basics over, that i can move out to wherever he is..  Would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks, Niki

He will not be sent to his first posting until after his trades training.  So, as Infantry he must complete BMQ, SQ and BIQ prior to his posting.  If you are common law (or married) you (and his and your stuff) will not be sent anywhere prior to this.

My boyfriend is finishing his basic training in St.Jean on December 8th, then he goes to Gagetown New Brunswick..He is home on the 16th for Christmas though! I cannnn't wait!!

missNickers said:
??? Hi. I'm wondering the same thing about the 2 week break over christmas.  My boyfriend just left on Saturday for basic in Borden.  He's infantry, 2platoon Bcompany..  I'm also wondering about the break. Is it a for sure thing that i can go see him for a few days, half way through his course???

Depends on his staff 

missNickers said:
Is it possible that he will do his SQ in the same place he will be posted??

Meaford is a lovely hour and a half drive or so from Borden, he'll probably have the joy of going there.

missNickers said:
And how often will we get to talk while hes away?

Not much. Even if he has a cell phone, because instructors and random senior NCO's are hiding behind bushes and sitting in trees with binoculars looking for someone with a cornflake to jack up, and walking and talking on a cell phone is similar to taping a figure 11 on yourself and saying "I'm all yours"

Uggggggh. Meaford. My back still aches when i hear that word. Actually, make that ankles. I loved making those ruts, but DAMN they suck to walk on.  Anyways, have fun with that.

Semper Paratus

Hey All
My MBQ ends the 15th of December (so I was told anyways,) and I was just wondering if we will go to SQ (I'm going infantry reg force) right away, or will we get leave for Christmas break or what? Just some opions please.  My BMQ starts 18Sept at Bordon.  I did search this, and didn't find anyting relative.

Thanks much
jer

INF_Poulin said:
I did search this, and didn't find anyting relative.

This should answer it for you: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/50235/post-443990.html#msg443990

As you can tell after reading that, there isn't a firm answer.  Someone out there probably knows, but you will find out for sure towards the end of you BMQ, and that might not even be a sure thing.

I can tell you that when my ex did his Basic it ended around December 12th. He then got leave until a few days after New Years, when he had to report to PAT platoon.

Dependent on the needs of the Service, you'll be given instructions. Wait for an official word from your chain of command, or query them. That should have been your first step before asking here anyway.

Back