• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Perhaps, but its more of a stumble than a prediction. JT has also, up to know, been very open that he intends to run again.
He knows the NDP is broke and desperate and that they will likely fold like Ikea furniture after the next election. He also knows that disaffected NDP voters will give him back his true majority. And he wants that badly.

He knows the NDP is broke and desperate and that they will likely fold like wet Ikea furniture after the next election. He also knows that disaffected NDP voters will give him back his true majority. And he wants that badly.

FTFY :)

The denial - plead ignorance - nuance - who cares - move on cycle is every politician's 5 stages of handling scandal.

"What difference at this point does it make?" - facts aren't known, nuance of situation, who cares, move on, all wrapped in one from a master. All that was missing was outright denial.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation to return $200,000 donation to Chinese donor

A foundation dedicated to the memory of Pierre Elliott Trudeau is returning a $200,000 gift from a Chinese billionaire after The Globe and Mail reported that it was part of a China-directed influence operation to cozy up to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

“The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation has learned in recent days through the media that there was a potential connection between the Chinese government and a 2016 pledge of $200,000 to be received by the Foundation,” the non-profit organization said in a statement on its website.

The Prime Minister’s Office suggested in a statement on Monday that Justin Trudeau was unaware of Mr. Zhang’s donation. “Following his election as Leader of the Liberal Party, the Prime Minister withdrew his involvement in the affairs of the foundation for the duration of his involvement in federal politics,” press secretary Ann-Clara Vaillancourt said.

Isn't the worse and/or stupidest thing you can do is to return the money? "We'd like to reward you for trying to gain influence in our Govt by returning your bribe seven years later."

I'm sure a food bank somewhere could use that money.....
In Han Dong's riding, perhaps?

Isn't the worse and/or stupidest thing you can do is to return the money? "We'd like to reward you for trying to gain influence in our Govt by returning your bribe seven years later."

Only because its been caught and shown a light on.

I like your food bank idea.

Are they returning any interest it might have accrued over that time?

Is anyone thinking about how much China influenced Canada's C19 response yet?

Do you think the CCP stopped at elections?

Travel bans AND investigating Chinese interference are racist.

QV said:

That coward Han Dong was voting on motions in the Parliament then left when it came time to vote on the Uyghur genocide motions only to come back and vote on other motions once it was done. Our MPs are compromised by years of the Liberals and Conservatives selling out to China.

Nope, but I am now, and I'm thinking the amount was... zero.

Or if they did try, it had zero effect.

Which measures, pray tell, were adopted as a result of CCP influence?

That coward Han Dong was voting on motions in the Parliament then left when it came time to vote on the Uyghur genocide motions only to come back and vote on other motions once it was done. Our MPs are compromised by years of the Liberals and Conservatives selling out to China.

Thanks for being inclusive.

:ROFLMAO:
Trudeau and Jinping would be proud.

Thanks for being inclusive.
they delayed the imposition of flight and visa bans for what, a month or more? They tried to negotiate the purchase of chinese antibiotics. That's two issues that come to mind

Reactions: QV
they delayed the imposition of flight and visa bans for what, a month or more? They tried to negotiate the purchase of chinese antibiotics. That's two issues that come to mind
Shipped PPE to china. I’m sure there is much more.

they delayed the imposition of flight and visa bans for what, a month or more? They tried to negotiate the purchase of chinese antibiotics vaccines. That's two issues that come to mind

Fixed that for you.

Back