• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

[Lived overseas]High school Equivalency

bdave

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all

I am interested in becoming a combat engineer (reserve). I currently reside in montreal and hopefully will be allowed to join the 34th regiment.

My problem is peculiar and i believe i have entered a loop hole.

Also, yes...I searched the forums. No avail.

Now my problem is that i went to high school in germany and got my european bacchalaureate in a european school. I am currently 21 and have been living here for almost 3 years now. I am a canadian citizen by birth. I just happened to live in Europe my whole life.

Supposedly i have to prove that i passed high school (secondary 5).
I am currently enrolled in Concordia university.
I went to see the recruiter and he said i needed to get an equivalency done by the ministery of education. He said they could not take the fact that i enrolled and am attending university as proof that i did high school.
I gave them(Ministery of Education of Quebec) a call and they told me it would take 3 months and 150 dollars to do.

I find that to be quite astounding.
My recruiter went to speak with someone and i haven't been able to get in touch with him.
Has anyone here experienced something like this and do they know a way to shorten the process?
Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time

The Government of Quebec website at:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/comparative-evaluation/

Should provide you with some additional information.

Unortunately, the requirement to prove completion of secondaire 5 or equivalent can't be waived - a freind who re-enrolled in 3 FER (now 34 CER) about a decade ago was required to provide his high school transcript - while completing his PhD.

It does not matter that you are in university or not. You may have been accepted as a mature student . They don't require H/S. You can possibly get it don sooner. I know in Ontario there are 3 private companies that will do the evaluation faster. Check with your local recruiter.

Awesome!  ;D

I had not been told about this. I checked with an online recruiter concerning private companies that do evaluations and i was told about "International Credential Assessment Service of Canada".
For the price of 150 it takes 3 days.
Thanks so much dapaterson and TR :)

Have a nice day :)

Back