• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistik now have "Belgian - Style" Beret

Pencil Tech

Inactive
Reaction score
Just FYI, I just logged into Clothing Online and in my 'catalogue" they are now offering only "Belgian-style" berets in green and black, in case anybody is interested. The red and maroon are still the old style ones, but I guess they'll be replaced too. Looks like this is going to be the standard issue from now on.

Good stuff; gonna order one an check it out.  If its as good as the ones I've gotten from kitshops it'll save me $20 everytime I need a new beret.

Pencil Tech said:
The red and maroon are still the old style ones, but I guess they'll be replaced too.

The blue are still the old style as well.  :(

airmich said:
The blue are still the old style as well.  :(

Well, I hear they may almost be out of the old stock...

new contractor.... ;)

wow... that is quite interesting! But gosh darn it, I had just bought my black hat!  :rage:

FANTASTIC!!!
I guess it goes to show that after enough people complained about the "Super Size" bean-bags, that someone took the hint. Although I don't have an emergency sleeping bag now ;D

I always tell myself to keep the lining when I cut it out, so I have my size.  And do I ever remember to actually keep it?!?!  NO!  Guess I'll pop into stores and see about sizing so I'm ready when the blue ones are the Belgian style (thanks for the inside trader info Vern!)

Just order one of the new Beret. Will have to see if it is a good as the one I got at the Kit shop as I can never get the other ones to fit right. I look like I have pulled a blanket over my ears when I wear it.  I see that they have not updated the styles on the Cadets side yet. Must be using up the old stock there. There is a sizing chart for them.

;D

I just received my new Belgian one....and I gotta say it sure feels weird.  So used to having that leather band around the ole forehead as compared to nylon.

Can one of you post the address for the unicorp website?

I just got my new beret no less than 5 minutes ago and the liner is already out. It's a massive step up over the leather banded berets and I gotta say, I think Parkhurst is going to lose a lot of business because of this. I already like my new beret.

It's possible, but it does still have that leather backing thing on the cardboard part. I guess Vern would know better than I who the new contractor is.

so none of them have the leather band?
they looked and felt so much better to me.
maybe I'll have to get the riggers to sew the leather band onto the next maroon I've got to buy.
I'm pretty sure they maroons in the system are different. not nearly as big as the one I was issued a few years ago, but still on the biggish side.

smitty66 said:
FANTASTIC!!!
I guess it goes to show that after enough people complained about the "Super Size" bean-bags, that someone took the hint. Although I don't have an emergency sleeping bag now ;D

Interesting.  About the time I was in (mid 90s'), the berets had absolutely NO material to work with.  They looked like beanies!

Ordered 2 on Monday, received them yesterday mornig.  Looks  acrap load better than the previous ones.  Going to perform some minor surgery and see what the fit is like.

I got one and it's the same size and fit as a Parkhurst. The differences are the leather groove on the back of the stiffener, which is handy for those who wear metal cap badges, and the colour is slightly darker than the Parkhurst. It's the same green as on the previous issue berets.

Back