• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M203 operator

AZA-02

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering how you get chossen to carry the m203 ???, Since we dont have the American system, Grenadier, Support....

Does anyone have an expierience carrying the M203 mounted on the c-7a2? With butt size reduction, is it any harder to fire/control/hold etc?

So ill sign up for one and end up saying "aw-crap" is that your answer...
Anyone ever got one.... :gunner:

:salute: :cdn:

AZA-02 said:
So ill sign up for one and end up saying "aw-crap" is that your answer...
Anyone ever got one.... :gunner:

More likely than not, you won't sign one voluntarily, you'll just be told to sign it out. The reason you'll say "aw crap" is because as great a weapon as the M203 is (incredibly accurate and fun to shoot) that thing gets pretty heavy after a while...But if you really want to carry the M203 while on ex with your unit, there's a good chance that if you show "initiative, determination, reliability" and all that other stuff, your superiors will grant your request.

I was sad to see the Old Trusty / Crusty M79 go oh so many years ago.  To me it was a much easyier handling peice.
I feel it takes a lot more work to fire the M203 as well.
But that said, the M203 does make switching back and forth from 5.56mm to 40mm a tad easyier then two seperate - M4 and M79

weight of the M203 vs M4/C7, wait till you gotta hump all the 40mm ammo, that's where the weight is.  But worth it when you need it, haha.

48Highlander said:
At 300 meters I put 3 rounds through a figure 11.   I'd call that pretty accurate.

I found it similarly accurate. Of course, your results may vary...

48Highlander said:
At 300 meters I put 3 rounds through a figure 11.   I'd call that pretty accurate.

Exactly how many rounds did you fire at the Fig. 11? If I were a betting man I may call bullshit :warstory:

I've had the opportunity to fire the M203 quite a bit and I haven't, nor have I seen anyone employ it with that much accuracy.
But then again, you just might be a natural.

Well i dont think ill be very accurate with my rifle, so i might as well use that lower handguard for something...

:salute: :cdn:

GerryCan said:
Exactly how many rounds did you fire at the Fig. 11? If I were a betting man I may call bullshit :warstory:

I've had the opportunity to fire the M203 quite a bit and I haven't, nor have I seen anyone employ it with that much accuracy.
But then again, you just might be a natural.

I fired 60+ rounds on the SAT system.  As as been said, practice is the key.  Those 60+ rounds on the SAT meant that once I got to go fire live, I used my first round to figure out how much to aim off, and put the following 3 right into the target.  The weapon itself is very accurate, you just have to learn how to use it properly.

Yeah.

Hear that beeping? - that's the BS detector operating at full capacity.

Commence backpedalling immediately. ::)

Well I believe 48th.....I haven't seen him spread ANY BS on this site ever and take what he says at it full face value.

If the SAT worked for him that's cool, however I find the SAT of very dubious value for most if not all weapons systems.  Practice is the key mentioned several times, something we never seem to get enough of.  However once some one gets extremely familiar with the M203, I have no doubt they can use the weapon to a high degree of accuracy.  I've seen  soldiers go from zero to hero with it, but only through the use of a lot(did I mention a lot) of ammunition to get up to speed with it.

pappy said:
wait till you gotta hump all the 40mm ammo, that's where the weight is.  But worth it when you need it, haha.

Roger that, our M203 gunners were issued 36 rounds to carry for them in Kosovo. It added another 40+ pounds to their webbing.  ;D :eek:

I've seen some mightly fine shooters with the M79 / M203 that could easyly put a round anywhere you asked them .  So I'd say it's very do-able.  As with any firearm the more you shoot them the better you get.   

just to note that the chalk rnds are very different from the live ones ! our unit is going out this Sept. for the BTE and its the first time we are useing the live 40mm in a field firing range, so we will see how bang on it is! Tell how good you are when your on a section attk and not the Sat range ;)

So is it possible to get one even as a private, and can i get one for my basic?(ied bet no)

Back